Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 9, 2016.

1. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

best by a mile.

2. I don't really have anything bad to say about CTTM, but when the topic of favorite MCS record comes up, I tend to go for EIIKM or MDL (more often the former). I just love the tone of EIIKM, and the MDL release was the height of my MCS fandom.

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I think I lean towards CTTM being my favorite, but I understand it absolutely is to most fans. However, IATM is what got me into the band and I have a certain attachment to that one.

4. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I loved those shows. They are such a great live band.

5. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

EIIM just sounds like their most well-crafted songs to me. It felt like they really knew what they wanted to say and how they wanted to say it.

trevorshmevor and Craig Manning like this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The title track is untouchable

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. Meerkat

I can agree with that. I think "The Conversation" is a career highlight as far as Justin's writing goes. I thought he nailed the storytelling aspect best on this album. "Last Night" is written in such a great steady rise. He gets you to that last chorus of "I can't compete with all your damn ideas" so masterfully that by the time it gets there it packs a very tough punch. And I really do think they earn the closer. The whole album in general builds to that moment of "Yeah, okay, this is it, I'm gonna get better"

8. Last Night is definitely one of my favorite MCS songs

9. irthesteve

Oh totally, The Coversation is A+ and heartbreaking, there is a ton of perfection on that album.

10. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

the last minute of Calling All Cops is wonderful but the title track is pretty standout as well.

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, last night is probably a top 5 mcs song. Up there with even if it kills me, everyone will die, and happy anniversary. Not sure what my fifth would be

12. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

That first night, ending with one of my favorite songs ever, was so special.

13. DeviantRogue and Timmiluvs like this.
  14. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Damn, that's upsetting. Can't say I didn't see it coming though, they have been quite leading up to that album and in the months after it. RIP, such an amazing band.

15. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

This day just became awful

16. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

:(

17. Nice to see Tony's name on there again. I really hope he does the farewell tour with them. My first MCS show was also their first without Tony, so I've never seen him drum live.

iplaydrums likes this.
  18. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

How will I break the news to you?

:,(

cshadows2887 and troyplaysbass like this.
  19. I've cried every time I've seen them play that song. I'll be bawling at the last Chicago show.

20. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Never got a chance to see them live. Definitely going out of my way to make sure I see them on this tour.

21. irthesteve

I'll never forget you MCS!!!!!!! Final Tour here I come

iplaydrums likes this.
  22. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Crushing news. Damn.

23. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

You unconscionable bastard.

Jason Tate and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  24. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Just saw them last year but might have to go to this if it's convenient. Really good to see Tony's name.

25. Meerkat

Yeah seeing Tony's name there basically cements my need to be at one of these farewell shows

troyplaysbass likes this.