Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack Talk Hiatus and Writing Music

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Motion City Soundtrack talked with The Alternative about their hiatus and other topics:

“I’ve said this before; Josh and Matt and I, we’ve sent ideas back and forth intermittently since 2006,” Pierre says. “There is music to be made; I feel that. There are songs that I’m like, Fuck, this could be amazing, I’ve got this ditty that’s perfect. For me, I’ve found I’m much more concept-driven; I can’t write something unless I’ve got this big ridiculous plan. We do have a lot of songs and I think we could put this thing together if we could all get on the same page. But with the pandemic….”

Around the time My Dinosaur Life came out, the band members were writing parts on their own and sending them to each other, and they quickly came to realize how different that is from all being in the same room to hammer things out. It’s why they’re hesitant to try and make new music remotely during this continued lockdown period. “That emotion that happens in the room in those moments is what MCS is,” Cain says. “We could probably make something really cool as a mail-in record, but I worry about it having the substance we need to have.”

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. CMilliken

Trusted

Sick. This sounds promising. Can’t wait to hear new stuff from them.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  3. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

This band has such a rich catalog, I'm fine with waiting until the right time for a new album from them. It'll be worth however long it takes.

CMilliken and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Justin was working on new solo stuff in stages until he got hurt and the worked paused as far as I remember. I thought he was working with Mr Brett

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  5. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Gimme new tunes dudes!

6. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I miss them so much it hurts. Having said that...

...don’t come back unless you can match the peaks.