Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack - So Long, Farewell Tour Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Glad I caught the fall tour. Panic Stations was good stuff. But like someone else said, I understand that a farewell tour isn't really for promoting anything new.

2. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I think a farewell tour should celebrate their whole catalogue. I don't think it should be Panic Stations heavy set, but a song or two would be nice

3. Tom??

I agree about wanting Panic Stations. Just one or two, at least. Gravity is probably one of the best songs they've written.

Also, could anyone be so kind is to post pictures of the merch?

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

How have set times been so far? Anyone have them handy from shows that have happened?

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think the band posted a picture of the merch on Tumblr.

6. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

[​IMG]

I have my eyes on the hoodie and the shirt directly beside it personally

7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Microwave had 30, Spill Canvas 45, MCS 1:40

8. MegT585

Trusted

I need that hoodie.

9. irthesteve

Ah I meant more of what time they played at, not how long

10. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

I know this is last minute but if anyone wants tickets to the show tonight in SF dm me. I have 3 and can't make it.

11. jjnunn118

Got it!
    Microwave 8:00
    The Spill Canvas 8:50
    MCS: 9:50

12. irthesteve

Nice! Do you remember if your venue was doors at 7 in that case?

13. jjnunn118

Yes that was the case!

14. irthesteve

Cool deal, thanks! Mine is doors at 6:30 and I'm trying to get there after work, but in time for Spill Canvas. Assuming things stay similar, I have until 8:20 to get there which is solid

15. mattfreaksmeout May 9, 2016
    (Last edited: May 10, 2016)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't see why they wouldn't at least play I Can Feel You which is pretty unanimously well received or Days Will Run Away which would just be a perfect closer at least before the encore, considering the tour.

I get that they don't have to promote it, but also they have nothing to lose. I don't think anyone would not go just because they play a few new songs as long as it's not the majority of the set. I just really loved Panic Stations and am bummed I never got to see stuff from the second half, but at least I saw I Can Feel You, which I think is one of the best songs they've ever written.

And I also wish they would play something else from Go, but I understand their choice.

Basically the only way I could be wholly satisfied is if I picked it myself, because there are just way too many songs by them that I love so much and that mean so much to me.

That being said I'm really really happy they're playing Cambridge into Shiver. I specifically requested that on Twitter, so I like to think I have something to do with that decision (just let me have this one). Very excited (and also dreading) seeing this show. (And I'm also still convinced they're playing riot fest so it looks like I'll get to see them at least 2 more times).

clockwise likes this.
  16. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Cambridge into Shiver makes me so happy. So i peaked at the first 4 setlists according to setlist.fm and it seems the first 12 are set in stone, and the finale is Better Open the Door and Future, but the 1st song of encore has changed from Disappear to When You're around.

oooh Don't Call it a comeback is NOT a set in stone song. that makes me nervous.

but yeah they also have about 3-4 songs they switch up every night it seems.
    Night #1: Antonia, Broken Heart, Don't Call it a Comeback, Disappear,
    Night #2: Even If It Kills Me (!!), Red Dress, Modern Chemistry, When you're around
    Night #3: Even if it kills me, red dress, modern chemistry, when you're around
    Night #4: Indoor Living, Broken Heart, Perfect Teeth, Disappear

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

^I would kill for Even If It Kills Me and/or Disappear.

18. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Night 4 would be my preferred one. I'm thinking of still doing VIP so I can explain to them how I really would love to hear Mary Without Sound and see if they would oblige.

19. jjnunn118

Antonia the first night was a VIP request

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

EIIKM should be at every show. So should Broken Heart. Indoor Living, Modern Chemistry and Don't Call it a Comeback are all amazing songs I would want to see too. The fact that none of these amazing songs are permanently in the set shows why they shouldn't be playing anything from Panic Stations.

domotime2 likes this.
  21. chris

Trusted Supporter

Oh damn Red Dress, don't think I've ever seen them play that live. Bummer it wasn't on the setlist for my date

22. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Exactly. This is the last time you'll get to hear ANY of your favorites...while panic stations may have a few winners and under normal circumstances I'd be all for it, do I really want to cut any of the older songs?

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

For me, personally, yes. If this is the last time I can see them, then there are a lot of songs I've never seen them play rather than songs that I've seen anywhere from 4-10 times before. But I get that, from a perspective of making the greatest number of people happy that they can, it makes more sense to avoid the newer material.
    I would love for them to play smaller shows alongside the main tour that only featured music from later albums or much less heavily played stuff. I would be all about a show picking songs only from My Dinosaur Life, Go, and Panic Stations if it didn't mean missing out on them playing the older stuff as well at a different show.

24. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

hitting up two of the four final dates here in minneapolis, stoked.

25. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I'm tempted to buy tickets for Nashville in August. I would love to see them at the Wrecking Ball Fest(along with some other bands of course), but IDK about having to get a hotel, stay in ATL, risk not getting in to some of the indoor shows, ect...... We will see.