Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack - So Long, Farewell Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Still no Chicago date.

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I am thinking they might play Riot Fest. Not ideal for a farewell tour though.

3. Matthew

Regular

Anyone know support for third leg?

4. MegT585

Trusted

Really wish they had announced all the shows/legs at the same time. I bought tickets to Sayreville, NJ and now they are playing where I live. I would sell my NJ tickets but I got VIP. Oh well. Still will be great but I could have saved myself a 6 hour drive.

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I think the way they announced this after the fact was a bit sloppy. Adding 3 more Minneapolis dates? I'm sure a lot of people kept buying tickets thinking they would be attending the final hometown show. But at least they are going out on their own terms.

6. devenstonow

Noobie

Realistically though, I think anyone who knows them well could expect that the Starland date would not be their last show. For a band that's so connected to their hometown, there's no way they're not gonna do some super small < 300 person show somewhere.

7. MegT585

Trusted

A Great Big Pile of Leaves is on my bandsintown app as support for the Buffalo date.

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

haha damnit. the dream of NJ being the last show is over :(

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Anyone know why they announced the Sayreville date with the first batch of dates?

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I updated the OP.

11. NL

Newbie Supporter

The 6/17 date at the Gramercy has AGBPOL and By Surprise listed as support on LiveNation, rather than Have Mercy and Light Years

12. Normz

Okay so I'm going to get tickets for Buffalo instead which means I have 2 tickets to Philly available.

13. JoshShulkin

Regular Supporter

Pleaseeeeee announce a Colorado date haha.

I bought a ticket to their first Minneapolis show, but it'd be really cool if I could go to their tour with some of my friends.

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Might hit up Columbus as well as Cleveland. Rozwell Kid and AGBPOL is enough to get me there

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Major upgrade

16. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I have tickets for Pittsburgh and Cleveland. I may have to get one for Columbus too.

17. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Oh thank god I no longer have to go to DC. Charlotte and Richmond in August!

18. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Unless they are rocking IATM and CTTM era jams ad nauseum I think I'm content with their performance on TWY tour last year.

Unless they play like a crazy 30 song set that has deep cuts from everything. But no one does that in this scene.

19. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

If I had to pick one MCS song that I truly want to hear and know this would be the only tour they could do it, it would be Mary Without Sound.

20. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Motion City definitely busts out a decent amount of deep cuts, at least in MN. Hell I've seen them do the Trampled By Turtles cover they did on that 7 inch

21. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I agree. For being 3 albums after the period when I was really into them they still played a decent amount and more than just the singles when I saw them. I loved them during their height but slowly we grew apart.

22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I live in Buffalo. Bought a Cleveland ticket. Then they announced a Buffalo show. Fuck.

23. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The way they handled this announcement was truly terrible.

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'm sure it has nothing to do with the band

popdisaster00 likes this.