Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack - So Long, Farewell Tour Tour • Page 14

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Were they recording the set last night? I was in the back but I didn't notice anything.

2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

The Panic Stations set may have been one of my highlights personally. I'm glad they gave some love to those songs, considering they never properly toured behind it.

3. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I'll forever be envious of those people that went to that show. God bless this band.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea luckily I saw them on the Wonder Years tour last fall and they played a handful, but I needed to see I Can Feel You again (top 5 MCS songs ever), and so so happy they played Days Will Run Away. It would've stung to never see that one. I thought we'd be lucky to get anything besides Anything At All from the album, but 4 songs was the perfect amount. God I love this band.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I was surprised they didn't play It's A Pleasure to Meet You since it was technically their last single.

6. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I feel the same way about I can feel you and days!

I can't feel too sad about then because this show was literally everything I wanted and more. Just the perfect send off. Plus add the fact that they played my personal favorites (disappear, a-ok, point of extinction, better open the door AND timelines) just made it that much sweeter.

I'm glad you got to experience this!!!

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think they picked the right songs from PS.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  8. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

The fact that they played Point of Extinction probably made my entire night. I've never seen it on one of their setlists before and it's one of my top 5 from them -- they started it and I immediately freaked out. Such a great song.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Definitely nothing to be sad about, this show more than made up for anything I may have missed in the past. Timelines and Disappear really got to me. I really didn't expect timelines and was unsure about Disappear. Definitely two of my favorites. And same to you! I'm just happy it was such an enthusiastic, loving crowd, not that I expected anything different.

10. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Looks like a great way to go out. Really happy to see them play so many songs on that final show. Hopefully we get a live DVD.

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

There is more music to release. I imagine it will happen soon.

12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

does anyone know if anyone ripped the yahoo stream MCS did over the summer? feel like it was a few days or so after Blink had the firefly stream on yahoo. Haven't been able to find MCS' anywhere.

13. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I have the cttm 10 stream along with an Australia one

14. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I would love to see the CTTM 10 one, I think I know which Australia one you're talking about, but would love to see that in case it's different.

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I (Justin) find it hilarious, in the absurdist sense of the way, that that whole Bandsintown thing happened. What a slap in the face. So sorry about that. Speaking of which... How do you turn that shit off?

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

What happened? Did some dates pop up on Bandsintown?

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I never posted in here afterwards, but their set at Riot Fest was absolutely incredible.

18. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I'm in mobile now, but I'll upload it somewhere. If I don't soon, just remind me

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  19. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I think Bandsintown has a feature where it'll post on a band's facebook periodically with a link to their bandsintown page. I'd imagine this is to let fans know of upcoming shows. I think MCS forgot to turn it off because a link popped up for their page which when you clicked it just showed that there are no upcoming shows (obviously, since they're done).

kidinthebushes likes this.