Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack - So Long, Farewell Tour Tour • Page 13

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I remain very surprised that they didn't find a way to make things work out so that they could play those four shows at the Varsity last. Seemed so fitting.

2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I don't think this is entitlement. It's disappointment that something that was billed as a selling point turns out not to actually be that at all.

3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I'm a hardcore fan who is flying out and I'm not bummed out, and even if I miss out on tickets it won't take away from my experience of seeing them one last time. I'll be bummed, but I definitely won't let it tarnish the other show / act entitled about it.

Of course anybody can feel the way they want to, but I do agree with everyone who is saying that getting this upset is a sign of entitlement / a little silly.

Joe4th likes this.
  4. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

MN never even got the album shows they use to do. They did CTTM for a holiday show, and then the CTTM 10 years dates, but never the other albums like so many cities got.

5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

but why are you flying all the way out there then? they just did an entire US tour that covered mostly every city

6. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Everyone is at fault. MCS let them go ahead and bill it as the final show. They did so. Both parties are to blame. I'm stoked to see them one last time, but still think it's lame the "final show" really isn't the final show.

EDIT: Not entitled as both can do as they please. Just an odd situation. Doubt this will be the last we see of them forever, as a ton of bands do come back, but still just strange.

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Nobody is going to even care that they did this in five years. Then they'll announce their first show back but do a secret show before that one and the cycle will continue.

cwhit likes this.
  8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah, seriously, like in the case of LCD Soundsystem where when they got back together people were mad that the "final show" experience was dulled like come on lol

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I guess when the lineup was first announced it was technically their final show. But now that the after show is officially announced, they should remove "final show" from the poster.

10. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

It's actually kind of unreal how much they favor Chicago over MN. Chicago got the album shows and the final final show.

They also sold out the MN date of the final tour, and added 3 dates after it. Final tours should always add extra dates before.

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Well, just one more show.

13. zomgannalolz

@theannaenriquez

If anyone was curious what the setlist was for the final show:
    Back to the Beat
    Cambridge
    Capital H
    Her Words Destroyed My Planet
    True Romance
    Timelines
    LG FUAD
    Last Night
    My Favorite Accident
    Shiver
    Worker Bee
    This is For Real
    Attractive Today
    A-OK
    Broken Heart
    When You're Around
    Hold Me Down
    Lifeless Ordinary
    Point of Extinction
    Everything is Alright
    -----
    Claudio came in and played these songs:
    Anything At All
    Gravity
    I Can Feel You
    Days Will Run Away
    -----
    The Weakends
    Stand Too Close
    It Had to Be You
    Make Out Kids
    Time Turned Fragile
    Perfect Teeth
    Throwdown
    Indoor Living
    Better Open the Door
    Even If It Kills Me
    Disappear
    The Future Freaks Me Out

Supernova and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Oh my god.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  15. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Dude. I'm so upset their last show was on Sunday night, I had to be in class by 8 am today.

16. What a setlist. I'm okay with not going since it would have been such a late night and I was already exhausted from Riot Fest, but I would have loved to see them play "Timelines."

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

holy shit that's a lot of songs

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  18. devenstonow

Noobie

now that's a setlist.

19. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

best show I've ever been to, hands down.

MCS is by far my favorite band of all time, so I'm feeling a lot of different emotions. But goddamn this setlist was unreal. So happy I got to be a part of the their last show.

I'm feeling it today but it was so fucking worth it.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I wish they played that set at my date, haha.

21. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Last set was beyond unreal. What an experience. It was great to be there and I hope they'll be back again in a few years.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yep this right here exactly. What a beautiful beautiful night. I didn't even get enough sleep to charge my phone all the way, but I wouldn't trade that night for the world. So many songs, especially ones I never thought I'd see again. And I'm so glad they played some from Panic Stations, and even brought Claudio out. I wasn't expecting that at all. Indescribable, but I'm so so happy I was able to be there.

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Justin mentioned that they will have some news for us very soon. I am assuming it will be something like a vinyl box set or maybe a live DVD.

Maybevictor likes this.
  24. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Holy shit that set list is amazing

I'm going to miss this band so much. My favorite band for so long

SpyKi likes this.
  25. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Im thinking maybe DVD since he said keep your eyes and ears open, but I'll take anything at this point.