Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack - So Long, Farewell Tour Tour • Page 12

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i actually totally agree with this. Motion City's LAST SHOW was easily a top 3 draw for me for riot fest

2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I think it's a real bad look for them.

3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

If they didn't do the after show people would have been complaining about their last set being a festival set. I get that announcing it as a last show was kind of a sloppy way to handle it, but if they announced it differently it could have led to disappointment for MN fans when they did announce that the last show that they weren't announcing was simply an after show for a fest they were announced for.

Tldr; I don't think there was a great way to handle it and I'm more glad that they are doing an after show than upset that I decided to fly out to Chicago thinking that the festival set would be their final show.

natefoundglory and Turkeylegz like this.
  4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They could have done an after show before Saturday. Billing Riot Fest as the final show and then playing another show the next day is the literal definition of false advertising.

domotime2 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  5. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Well I mean...technically Riot Fest is their last show.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I thought people would have been more upset at Riot Fest for this whole thing.

domotime2 and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  7. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Yea and I can't go to the aftershow so MCS drops down the list. What a horrible way to handle it tbh.

8. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Same. I'm pretty upset though if my opinion matters

9. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Lot of entitled folk in here.

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It's definitely on them and not the band.

11. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Entitled about false advertising? To be clear this seems like a Riot Fest fuckup more than an MCS fuckup but still.

domotime2 likes this.
  12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The poster says Saturday is Motion City Soundtrack's "FINAL SHOW" – then they're playing a show the next day, making the Saturday show not their final show.

13. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

When the poster says FINAL SHOW, I expect it to be the last show, not the show before the aftershow.

cricketandclover likes this.
  14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Bingo. I'm not going to this so it doesn't affect me either way, but it's super shitty for people who expressly are going to Saturday because it was billed as the last show.

15. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I just don't understand getting all worked up over it. If the only one you can see is the actual festival set on Saturday, is it less special because it's not the 'actual actual' final set the next day?

Watch the band, love the set, honor their memory, get over it. Was it handled poorly? I guess, but this seems petty to be up in arms about.

16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

People in here pretty much just want the cred of "being at their last show" and are mad that they have an aftershow now lol

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They could have easily billed it as "FINAL SHOWS" just like Denver and avoided the whole problem. It's not a life and death issue but it is absolutely not a cool thing to do to people. If I was a local who bought a festival pass thinking it was the last one only for this to get announced I would be bummed too about the timing. It's not petty to expect them to follow through on what they have advertised. I'm beyond excited for it but it puts way more pressure on the set now that it actually is the end. I would do anything for a ticket now.

18. Joe4th

Plans change, things happen. At the time it may have been their last show, but they could've gotten a great offer to do that after show, that can really benefit and help them financially even.

19. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Hopefully everyone who wants to see their absolute final show can get tickets to the after show on Sunday!

20. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I wish there was a presale, I'm gonna be sweating it all aeek

21. Dave Dykstra

Daveydyk

As a Minnesotan, their last show should have been here.

cwhit likes this.
  22. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Let's be honest, neither one of these shows will be their ACTUAL last show ever. They will play shows down the line whether its in a year or ten years so let's all chill.

Joe4th likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep. I doubt it will be very long but this show will still be incredible special. I also wish there was a presale sooooo badly.

24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I don't think it's crazy for a hardcore motion city soundtrack fan to be mad that the listed "final show" is now not in fact their last show.

Especially for people flying all the way out for it. It's the same thing as seeing an athletes final game..or the final game at a certain stadium...a lot of hardcore fans go out of their way for stuff like this.

It's perfectly fair to be pissed

25. Joe4th

It's just so tiring to see fans sense of entitlement.