Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack – “Crooked Ways”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

BornToRun likes this.
  2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Exceeded my expectations. Great song. Shows some growth.

3. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Honestly one of my favorite songs from them. Hope this leads to at least an EP...

4. mit_backwards

Regular

This is really good. I missed Justin's voice. Could never really get into his solo stuff as much as MCS for some reason.

5. rbf737

Regular

Reminds me of a mid-era b-side, maybe due to the production in part, which is to say I like it. Wasn't expecting them to put anything out especially right now.

6. oh this is real good.

sunkwiththeship likes this.
  7. Looks like this was produced by Mark Hoppus in the 2009-2010 range and was submitted, and rejected, for one of the Twilight soundtracks.

8. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

You knocked this out of the park

LCT Music likes this.
  9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I thought they had a bunch of bsides that were I released from Go too.

10. The_Pioneer

Regular

As a super casual fan of these guys, this is really good. Reminds me of a hidden gem you’d find in the mid 2000’s.

Only thing tripping me up is the guitars dropping out at the end of that chord progression in the verses, just sounds kinda empty there. Regardless, this is really cool.

11. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

This is so so good and totally unexpected. I've always been a big fan of MCS. I guess we can only hope for some new content in the future if they decided to release this out of the blue after holding onto it for so long.

Christian Romero likes this.
  12. Walkabout

Regular

Very good. Sounds like Even If It Kills Me.

13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Just a reminder to everyone this is not a "newly recorded" song and has been done for 10 years. Unfortunate, but I'm very glad it was released.

14. brothemighty

Trusted

Decent, glad they're still making stuff. Thought they were done

EDIT: Oh

15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Get outta here with that tone