Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mother! (Darren Aronofsky, September 15, 2017) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 14, 2017.

1. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Buster Bluth calls it the best movie of the year and gives it one hand up!

Zilla, electro haikus and coleslawed like this.
  2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

the reactions to this have made me even more interested.

3. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I think Aronofky is highly overrated but the more I think about this the more I love it

jkauf likes this.
  4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Maybe it's just on this site but I see way more hate for him than love, haha.

5. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

probably some unpopular opinions here but Pi was a great debut and Black Swan is brilliant, rest of his work imo goes from okay to outright bad which is maybe why I was so caught off guard by this but I really can't say enough good things about it

I get why it's polarizing but I think it's genius

jkauf and SpyKi like this.
  6. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I can only imagine how taxing this was on Jennifer, she was a total force of nature

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Why do you guys hate this. I loved it but I'm not sure I could watch it again

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I'm digging it the more that I'm talking/reading about it.

Aronofsky still hasn't topped The Fountain for me.

9. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I think that movie is a goddamn disaster but I'm happy a lot of people see something in it that I don't

Henry, Zilla and I Am Mick like this.
  10. oncenowagain Sep 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 30, 2017)
    oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Just saw it with a very small audience of people who were totally not into it. My wife and I enjoyed it. Me, moreso. It stressed the fuck out of her lol.

incognitojones likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

this was a lot more fun than I anticipated, Michelle Pfeiffer and Kristen Wiig were great
    this was also the most egotistical movie I've probably ever seen that wasn't directed by Woody Allen
    and yeah walking out of the theater people were saying it was the worst fucking garbage they've ever seen

electro haikus likes this.
  12. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Love it more thinking back to how the beginning played out with Ed and Michelle and realizing everything that represented after knowing the big picture. Valid argument that it is heavy-handed, but doesn't bother me here for some reason -- maybe because the ride was fun.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I can't wait to see this based on all the reactions

14. TedSchmosby

Trusted

[​IMG] : The Movie

15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

This was fine and I enjoyed it. The trailing camera as Jennifer Lawrence was walking around increasingly freaking out really got me feeling the jeebies associated with trying to juggle that much chaos. I've hosted my fair share of trainwrecks lol. The last 30 minutes or so really got too nuts for me. The message got across well before the home becoming a literal war zone, I think it almost did a disservice to the very uncomfortably real scenarios the first two acts were built on.

Wiig was a total surprise! And Lawrence fucking killed it, she sold the heartbreak of everything so well that I was welling up.

16. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Joel likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Made $7.5 this weekend. On a $30 mil budget, it'll probably break even.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Def nice to see a studio backup a flop

20. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

"That being said, it is time to recoup our losses which is why I'm thrilled to announce Baywatch: Again will commence production in Q1 of 2018"

Henry likes this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

But Baywatch also bombed.

I like that they released that statement. I still hate the movie

Henry likes this.
  22. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Really liked this and I didn't think I would, not what I would call a pleasant experience by any means but as far as films go in terms of keeping me thinking (even after it has finished) while also genuinely getting reactions that I have never had in a cinema before this is one of a few to do so. I am glad people are talking about this and are having varying opinions on it, nothing worse than a film that has a middle ground reaction.

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I can not believe how many "what's it really about?" articles I'm seeing. The movie is not even remotely subtle.

24. Joe Sep 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2017)
    Ya I posted the Collider article because it's the actual director talking about his movie rather than the countless articles of other people explaining it.