Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mother! (Darren Aronofsky, September 15, 2017) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 14, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Is he intentionally mimicking Phantasm on his picture or is it just me?

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Well, this is certainly a take.

5. fronkensteen

Trusted

Any opinion that doesn't line up with yours is a "take" then?

What the fuck ever, dude.

6. Dog with a Blog

Lol, to be fair, it is quite an uncommon opinion. A lot of people find Noah to be garbage and Jennifer Lawrence to be great so you're definitely going against the grain haha.

Personally, I think Jennifer Lawrence is fine, albeit a little annoying. As for Noah? I think it might be the worst movie I've ever paid for. Not seen, but definitely the worst I've paid for.

7. fronkensteen

Trusted

I really don't understand why Noah is 'garbage' to most people.

The acting is great, the changes the original story are interesting, the angels are DOPE, and it's visually striking and memorable.

Is it just because it's based on the Bible or what? Not singling you out, just asking in general.

As far as Jennifer Lawrence, I don't think she's a good actress and people love her "quirky" attitude and that grates against me because she seems fake.

8. Dog with a Blog Aug 8, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2017)
    Dog with a Blog

Without getting too much into celebrity drivel, I agree. I used to be all about her but as the years have gone on I am not impressed. Emma Stone is everything Jennifer Lawrence wishes she was tbh.

I haven't seen it since it came out, but I remember being conciously bored and found the characters to be terribly uninteresting. I also thought the angels looked like they came out of a stop motion cartoon and found that very distracting. To be honest, I can't properly articulate why exactly I don't like it because I haven't seen it in years and not a lot of it stuck with me but I honestly hated it. Different strokes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fronkensteen likes this.
  9. fronkensteen

Trusted

Sure, different strokes as well here, because I thought the angles were a super interesting departure from every other Noah story. Specifically the way they fell to Earth and were formed into the rock look.

Also, the silhouette montage is beautiful and one of the coolest things ever.

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I still haven't even finished Noah because I always get so bored.

Night Channels likes this.
  11. dlemert

Trusted

As someone who for years craved a mature, profound, non-faith-based-studio-produced Bible story, Noah delivered in almost every way. It was a wholly weird, creative breath of fresh air.

But I understand the criticism. My religious friends found it too dark, bizarre and borderline sacrilegious, while my non-religious friends mostly found it boring.

coleslawed and fronkensteen like this.
  12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Never seen Noah. This looks creepy as hell. Anyone else get a slight Get Out vibe from the trailer though?

13. Yes opinions are takes. That's literally what they are.

coleslawed and SpyKi like this.
  14. fronkensteen

Trusted

Then why quote my comment? Maybe you should have said your opinion about it instead.

15. Because this is a forum. If you don't want people to respond to you you're in the wrong place.

16. fronkensteen

Trusted

Stop being obtuse. But you didn't respond. You just quoted what I said and said that it was a take.

Why comment on something without giving your opinion?

17. Do you really need a forum explained to you? Is this really a thing that's happening?

If you can't figure out I disagree with both parts of your post by what I wrote, welp.

18. fronkensteen

Trusted

I get what you're doing, it's just stupid to quote it and say nothing other than that you disagree with my opinion. Back your shit up.

19. Your post included "she is the worst."

Your post sucked. I have no desire to do anything except laugh at it.

20. fronkensteen

Trusted

fucking eyeroll, whatever

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

well, this thread took a turn

22. Dug the trailer. This looks sufficiently creepy.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

24. I watched Pi for the first time yesterday and thought it was pretty great. I really need to re-watch The Fountain.

25. fronkensteen

Trusted

The Founain is a masterpiece.

coleslawed and 715creeks like this.