Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mother! (Darren Aronofsky, September 15, 2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 14, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the ! is part of the title lol, can't believe Black Swan was 7 years ago!

cast: Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem, Michelle Pfeiffer, Domnhall Gleeson, Ed Harris and Kristen Wiig.

[​IMG]

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Hated Noah, but I'll perk my ears up when this comes out

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yes

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Here for it.

5. Lucas27

Trusted

That is a really haunting poster. My interest is piqued.

6. michael_gatto

Trusted

Still haven't seen Noah, but I like the rest of Aronofsky's films so I'll check this out. Especially since the poster is gorgeous and that cast is pretty fantastic.

7. TMS2787

Trusted

Loved everything he's done minus Noah. Not sure I'm stoked on Jennifer Lawerence being in this but I'm stoked as hell to see it and hear more about it.

8. michael_gatto

Trusted

I thought the same thing honestly, but I feel like maybe Aronofsky can get a legit performance out of her.

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Decent cast. Kind of feel like Aronofsky really fucked up his reputation with Noah, very interested in seeing a trailer for this

10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Jennifer Lawrence had been hit or miss for me, so I'm curious how she does here.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I'm so confused. Lawrence is still the best thing in most movies she's in 90% of the time.

SpyKi likes this.
  12. fronkensteen

Trusted

Y'all are crazy, Noah was amazing.

And Jennifer Lawrence is the worst, but I'll still check this out because Aronosfky is great.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I never saw Noah and completely forgot it existed, I was looking at his filmography and was like "oh yeah that happened"

14. fronkensteen

Trusted

I don't get the hate for it.

15. Morrissey

Trusted

I didn't see Noah, but I can't imagine it ruining Aronofsky's reputation any worse. As for Jennifer Lawrence, she is one of those actors that a lot of people seem to cherish but has never been in a good movie.

16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I love every film he's done except Noah which I still haven't finished because it bores me so much whenever I try and watch it. Hopefully I'll like this.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Never saw Noah, but very interested in this

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Got moved up

19. dlemert

Trusted

Very excited for this.

Also I love both Noah and J-Law so THERE

coleslawed likes this.
  20. There was a teaser for this in front my showing of Dunkirk. It was just a black screen with various bits of dialogue edited together to feel suspenseful.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jul 31, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 31, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

Full trailer next Tuesday

fronkensteen and Joe like this.
  22. Creepy af

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Lucas27

Trusted

Winter's Bone, Catching Fire, and Silver Linings Playbook are all stellar IMO.

Teaser looks so intense.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Morrissey

Trusted

Winter's Bone was okay, but I would never watch Catching Fire and couldn't sit through Silver Linings Playbook again.

25. Dog with a Blog

Hmm. Despite not being an Aronosfky fan, I was weirdly anticipating this for some reason but that teaser looks really cheesy. But it's only like 30 seconds so I'll reserve judgement until the full thing.

Also, this whole trailers for trailers thing needs to end

I Am Mick likes this.