Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Most Anticipated of 2019 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 11, 2019.

1. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yeah, I remember that being posted. After The Party took a long while to get released after recording. Well worth the wait, it I’m hoping that doesn’t happen again. Toy Soldier and The Freaks were a great extension of After The Party and I am excited for more. I feel like this band keeps getting better and better.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  2. stringerebrock

From what I’m hearing about Copeland’s new record, it will be album of the decade. I cannot wait to sit down with a glass of wine, shut the lights off, place on a pair of quality headphones and immerse myself into this.

3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

The wait from Lookers coming out (August) to when ATP actually was released (February) took FOREVER.

I cannot wait for whatever they release next. It’s going to be amazing.

.K. and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  4. brentstailing

Newbie Supporter

Also, new Millencolin album is out this coming Friday!!!

Lagwagon are also demoing right now, so hopefully a new record from them as well!

HalfHearted and slimfenix182 like this.
  5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This year is already great and we're not even a month and a half in! Looking forward to so many of these.

Bartek T., Jason Tate and Mary V like this.
  6. Maverick

Trusted

Also looking forward to new Third Eye Blind, Rihanna and Grimes off the top of my head besides those mentioned.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

The 1975, The Japanese House, Copeland, and Childish Gambino for this guy

Bartek T. and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. I haven't even dared to hope for Rihanna tbh

9. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Can’t wait until The Japanese House record drops.

Also fervently anticipating the upcoming Ladylike Lily album since Orianne Marsilli is one of my favourite composers of this decade, and her last full-length came out almost 7 years ago.

10. Freezon

Regular

That’s what I’m talking about! Stoked on some punk releases

brentstailing and .K. like this.
  11. Gooddayz

always and forever

I know Deftones working on new tunes. Have the rest been confirmed? Would love new albums from each of those.

nl5011 likes this.
  12. adrian

high and lows, they go something like this... Supporter

Excited for a lot of these – also A Great Big Pile of Leaves

Gooddayz and Bartek T. like this.
  13. manoverboard679

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

Really looking forward to the new Mest record with the og lineup

Zip It Chris and Raku like this.
  14. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Russian Circles are recording with Kurt Ballou now. I think Elder are starting recording based off of Instagram posts. HIL released ‘white devil’ last year, which makes me think there is more on the way. Should be a good year!

Gooddayz and Guilherme Brandao like this.
  15. SEANoftheDEAD Feb 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 12, 2019)
    SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Foals, Gambino, Cage the Elephant, Spoon, the 1975, Bad Suns, Catfish, The Maine. Sure I'm forgetting a ton too.

16. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Cog, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Mallory Knox, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Penny and Sparrow - not listed here in this feature by anyone, but ones I'm looking out for.

Looking forward to The Early November, Ryan Adams and The Maine

SEANoftheDEAD and trevorshmevor like this.
  17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Thrice has an Palms b-sides EP and Dustin talked about working on side project with his brother Chase.

Bartek T. likes this.
  18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Thanks, I needed that! there's lots of music and lots of TBA's, I'm most excited for what I'm sure of and that would be: Copeland, La Dispute and The Early November. I'd add The Applessed Cast as well!

Also, so many great new singles! American Football, Mat Kerekes of Citizen, as well as getting surprisingly excited for new Field Medic! Sounds good and he got a nice session at Paste Studios that got me hyped!

Would hope for new music from TSOAF, gates, From Indian Lakes, Andy Shauf, Sufjan Stevens, which are all possible I'm sure, but nothing's being said out loud I think (any info on that?)

ooh and Alexisonfire - new single should come out this Friday, we'll see if I'll stay so much on board with that (I'm quite sure YES ;d) ..there's certainly new City and Colour album ahead, too.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  19. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I’m happy with a lot of Craig Manning’s picks. My jams.

20. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I am INSTANTLY obsessed with Charlie Collins. What a talent.

Mary V and trevorshmevor like this.
  21. HalfHearted

Regular

Would love something from A Wilhelm Scream, but not sure that is happening.

smoke4thecaper and trevorshmevor like this.
  22. iiiii623498

Regular

I have no idea if it’ll be out this year (or at all), but Acceptance posted a few studio shots back in August of 2017. Whatever that ends up being, that’s on my list.

anonimito and trevorshmevor like this.
  23. andrewcloer

Lurking AP since 2005. Lurking Chorus since 2016.

I heard that Microwave is leaning a little heavier on this record. They are working with Goldman on it though. I believe they are also working with the guy who produced the last Household record and plays in My Epic.

24. Toast Sandwich

My Bloody Valentine guys...

trevorshmevor and mattav152 like this.
  25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

So as someone else mentioned Noah Gundersen is recording something and I remember something about Ryan Key working on new music (but it didn’t give the impression of a 2019 release).

Bartek T. likes this.