Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Most Anticipated of 2017 (Encore Episode 140) Podcast

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

On this week’s episode of Encore I am joined by special guest Deanna Chapman. The main topic this week is all about our most anticipated albums of 2017. What made the list and what did we decide to leave off? Do we really have to mention Brand New … again? We also talk about movies we are looking forward to, discuss music on TV shows, and nerd out about comic books a little bit.

Hosts

Show Notes

Most Anticipated of 2017

• Jason
      • Brand New
      • Bleachers
      • Andrew McMahon
      • The 1975
      • The National
      • Japandroids
      • Father John Misty
      • The xx
      • Haim
      • Fleet Foxes
    • Deanna
      • Cloud Nothings
      • The Menzingers
      • Andrew McMahon
      • Matt Pryor
      • John Mayer
      • The Killers
      • Shania Twain
      • Kacey Musgraves
      • Japandroids
      • Justin Timberlake
    Subscribe

You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via any podcast player using our RSS feed, on SoundCloud, via Overcast, in Google Play, or on Stitcher. You can also find all of our previous episodes archived on our podcast page, iTunes, or on SoundCloud.

If you have any follow-up, questions, or a topic you’d like us to cover on a future episode, please send a tweet using the hashtag #askEncore. If you’d like to follow this podcast on Twitter we are at @encorepodcast. We love hearing from listeners and are always looking for topics both big and small to tackle. So, let us know!

If you like the podcast, could you please rate and review us on iTunes? It really does help. If you’re using the great podcast player Overcast, please hit the “recommended” button on the episodes you like. And if you have any friends that you think would like our podcast, please let them know! Word of mouth and telling people about this podcast will always be the best thing you can do to help us out. We really appreciate it.

Information about sponsoring our podcast can be found on this page, and if you become a member you get episodes a day early along with a bunch of other perks.

2. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

I'm starting to build some anticipation for the upcoming New Found Glory album. I'm actually hoping they really pull a better than average NFG album off this time around.

Loki likes this.
  3. Loki

God of mischief

I know I am in the minority, but I have really liked the last three albums a whole lot

4. SoundInTheSignals

I haven't minded them either. I really like Radiosurgery a lot. I'd just like to see them have a great 2017 with kind of that head turning album that surprises people who have started to write them off.

Loki likes this.
  5. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Not sure if it's a problem on my end but the episode wasn't pushed to Overcast

6. MegT585

Trusted

Paramore is my most anticipated for sure.

7. Hard to argue this.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. Ohhhhh yeeeaaaahhhhhh. Fleet Foxes. Can't wait for that!

Honestly, I was so disappointed with so many of my "most anticipated" albums of 2016 that I'm not even trying to think of what I may or may not be expecting this year.

Raku likes this.
  9. No idea what the deal was there but it's fixed now. Sorry about that.

10. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Cheers. Thanks, Jason.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Liz

Ew, David

Same.

Also, are we ever getting a new Sky Ferreira album?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. SoundInTheSignals

Empire and Nashville feature a lot of artists. They also have their own soundtracks.

13. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

My most anticipated is a three way tie between Story of the Year, Acceptance and Circa Survive.

14. SayHello

Regular

Generally, I enjoy the podcasts but here's some constructive criticism: be aware of proportionality regarding topics. It seemed like the majority of the time was discussing the John Mayer thing, and not much in depth detail or thoughts regarding other bands on your lists. I've noticed the same thing with different topics happen in other podcasts recently as well. Of course you can run and talk in your podcast however you'd like for however long, it might just tun some listeners off if a majority of the episode was about a band or topic they weren't super interested in, but would've liked more thoughts regarding the general subject of the pod.

15. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I really appreciate it when podcasts list time stamps in the episode description noting when the big talking points begin, but that sort of thing definitely works better on some podcasts than others. I haven't listened to this episode, so I can't really say, but having the times they start talking about their most anticipated albums, then movies, TV shows, and comic books would be handy

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  16. Loki

God of mischief

I love Radiosurgery too, but I feel like they've turned their back on that album

17. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Julien Baker
    Fleet Foxes
    St. Vincent
    Circa Survive
    Brand New
    Father John Misty

18. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Has there been any word about a new Father John Misty album?

My most anticipated list includes The Menzingers, The Wonder Years, The xx. Add FJM if he is bringing something out as well.

19. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

thats one I'm not sure on but Jason included it so i felt safe haha

20. princexero

Let's Lead, Not Follow

1) Brand New
    2) The Menzingers
    3) AFI
    4) Japandroids
    5) Story of the Year

21. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

What are the odds that Brand New ends up on everyone's 2018 most anticipated list too (because nothing was released in 2017)?

22. alltimelovely

I'm a bit behind with my podcast listening!

I was going to say Nashville and Glee - especially for fun.'s song!

I think all the teenagers watch Pretty Little Liars. So many great bands on One Tree Hill, teenagers now are missing out!