Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Most Anticipated Films of 2020 Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jan 3, 2019.

1. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Dune
    Last Night In Soho (Edgar Wright)

2. Morrissey

Trusted

Monos is really good. It's out there if you want it.

3. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Great news, thanks. I checked IPT a few weeks ago and didn’t see it but I’ll look around for it tonight

4. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Dune

Soul

Tenet

Sonic the Hedgehog (Part 90’s Jim Carey movie, part spiritual successor to Howard the Duck, but with Sonic. Yeah, I gotta see this disaster)

Saint Maud

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  5. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

It’ll be out in December, production kicks off in February!!

Driving2theBusStation likes this.
  6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I’ll be interested to see how 2020 at the movies will be now that Disney has churned out their most reliable blockbusters and remakes.

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

that's a great point. disney basically prints money with like 8 movies each year so it's almost hard to remember that this year they REALLY went out with their heavy hitters (avengers, toy story, frozen etc.)

8. Anthony_ Dec 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 29, 2019)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

On the Disney front, Onward and Soul both look positive so at least Pixar is doing cool stuff. Also Raya and The Last Dragon from Disney Animation. Plus The Eternals will be something different for Marvel.

Seems like it’s going to be Disney’s most diverse and interesting year in a while, tbh. Three of their biggest movies (Soul, Raya, Eternals) are fronted by people of color and two of them (Ray, Eternals) have people of color writing and directing as well.

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Definitely. I’m excited that they’re mostly original or different takes on their properties with diverse casts. Most of their stuff released this year was so safe and stale, they just seemed to be going all in before the Disney+ launch. 2020 feels less beholden to nostalgia and recognizable IPs.

10. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Just saw a preview for 'Barb and Star....'.

That looks awful. I used to like Kristen Wiig. I just cannot remember why, though....