Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mortal Kombat (2021) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Aug 23, 2019.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I can't believe how pumped I am for this. I really hope we didn't just see all the highlights though

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  2. It’s Reptile!

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Think it's supposed to be Reptile in his true form

4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Guys it’s clearly a werewolf - this is a killer instinct smashup

chewbacca110 and I Am Mick like this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

c-c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker

6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Which fight scene was everyone's favorite from the old films? For me it's gotta be between Reptile vs Liu Kang and Sonya/Jax vs Cyrax

slowheart likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

looks fun as hell

8. Sonya/Jax vs Cyrax

Johnny vs Goro

Sonya vs Kano

airik625 likes this.
  9. Still really hoping we get a movie skin pack for the game.

Wonder if they’ll add in Cole through a Kombat Pack.

And Ermac. Fuck you Ed Boon

Jusscali likes this.
  10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Hell yeah to all of them

slowheart likes this.
  11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

12. -deleted-

-

I know so many dumb fun facts about the films. I’ll start by saying I too think Liu Kang vs Reptile is the best.

-Robin Shou (Liu Kang 1995) helped to choreograph most of the fights he’s in and also Johnny vs Scorpion thanks to his excellent history of Hong Kong martial arts films.

-Early screenings had responses calling for more fights, so LK vs Reptile and JC vs Scorpion in the hell room were both shot after primary filming was completed. (Thankfully since they’re arguably the best fights)

-The guy who’s in the Reptile outfit in the first film is Sub-Zero in Annihilation. So when Robin Shou says “I killed you in the tournament” he’s technically not wrong.

-Paul WS Anderson was able to get the movie no problem as a rookie director because video game movies had been so bad up until that point no one wanted it.

-Robin Shou and Cary T starring in a major action film in Hollywood with more screen time than the most paid white star on set (Chris Lambert) was a first.

13. Odds we get Noob?

14. Just picking apart this trailer but

near the end in the quick shot of Sonya/Mileena, it looks like Cole has some metal extensions in his arms (kinda like a Tarkatan) it could also be something like Scorpions blade.

He also has similar armor to Takeda from MKX. Who was a student of Hanzo.

15. It’s also hilarious that they picked the one 3D era Reptile design (Deadly Alliance) that everyone universally disliked just so it’s easier for them to potentially kill off lmao

16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Appreciate the fun facts tbh. Always fun to read up on these

17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Wonder if he's in his human form first before transforming into that

18. The trailer unfortunately (fortunately?) confirms the script leak from October to be 100000% spot on.

Super super stoked for this.

19. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Post that script

20. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I'll add another fun fact. The chiropractor who was ringside with Mick Foley after the Undertaker threw him off the Hell in a Cell, portrayed Sub-Zero in the first film.

21. shea

RIP Supporter

Hype. Now do a good street fighter movie.

Orla, Jusscali and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  22. -deleted- Feb 18, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 18, 2021)
    -deleted-

-

Just got around to watching the official trailer and I should’ve just waited cause the quality jumped by 10000000000. I’m pumped for this.

Some fun catches for me:
    -Reptile looks insane if that is him getting his heart ripped out.
    -Sonya gets her classic ring blast move.
    -That’s definitely Kabal standing in front of Liu Kang’s fire dragon. Also appears to be very similar to the “Pit Arena” that’s been one of the most popular arenas in the franchise.
    -Cole is our vessel to learn about the tournament by being dragged in to Sonya and Jax’s investigation since he’s marked to compete, but doesn’t know his own history.
    -Kitana isn’t supposed to be in the film but her fans can be seen on display when Raiden summons lightning.
    -There’s a shot of a ninja with similar armor to Sub-Zero emerging from smoke, so it’s likely “Smoke” since SZ doesn’t do that and he’s a part of the Lin Kuei.
    -Noob Saibot is highly unlikely, but very likely for a sequel if Sub-Zero dies in this film. (likely)

Fights:
    Jax vs Sub-Zero
    Shang Tsung vs Raiden (face off at least)
    Hanzo vs The Lin Kuei
    Sonya vs Kano
    Jax vs Reiko (or somebody with similar hair and more armor)
    Kano vs Kung Lao
    Kung Lao vs Cole
    Liu Kang vs Kabal
    Cole vs Goro
    Scorpion vs Sub-Zero
    Sonya vs Mileena
    Kano vs Reptile (or something crazy)

ghostedaway likes this.
  23. -deleted- Feb 18, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 18, 2021)
    -deleted-

-

that’s a new one for me lol.

Edit: Here’s another fun one you can’t find on IMDB. New Line Cinema was developing or had started on Beverly Hills Ninja around when they finished the first Mortal Kombat. They kept Robin Shou and Keith Cooke (Reptile/Sub-Zero guy I mentioned in the other post) around to play roles in that film as well. They helped make one fight scene and during which they play background fight music that’s in the first MK movie. It pleases me to no end that the “Liu Kang” I grew up with is in a so-bad-it’s-good comedy with Chris Farley and Chris Rock. If you have not seen this movie smoke a bowl and enjoy.

ghostedaway likes this.
  24. -deleted-

-

Ok I promise to chill out in here. They fucked me up dropping this on my day off.

ghostedaway likes this.
  25. I’m not chilling out.

ghostedaway and Anthony_Soprano like this.