Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mortal Kombat (2021) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Aug 23, 2019.

1. They did some advanced screenings back in December in AZ and some screenshots prove that info to be true.

Assuming that it is all true, it’s extremely gory according to that person.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

In "Mortal Kombat," MMA fighter Cole Young, accustomed to taking a beating for money, is unaware of his heritage -- or why Outworld's Emperor Shang Tsung has sent his best warrior, Sub-Zero, an otherworldly Cryomancer, to hunt Cole down. Fearing for his family's safety, Cole goes in search of Sonya Blade at the direction of Jax, a Special Forces Major who bears the same strange dragon marking Cole was born with. Soon, he finds himself at the temple of Lord Raiden, an Elder God and the protector of Earthrealm, who grants sanctuary to those who bear the mark. Here, Cole trains with experienced warriors Liu Kang, Kung Lao and rogue mercenary Kano, as he prepares to stand with Earth's greatest champions against the enemies of Outworld in a high stakes battle for the universe. But will Cole be pushed hard enough to unlock his arcana -- the immense power from within his soul -- in time to save not only his family, but to stop Outworld once and for all?

3. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

hope Baraka is in this

4. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Does Cole Young end up being Johnny Cage?

5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

probably not because he never gets any love

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

7. big spoiler
    don't read if you're gonna yell at me

main character is a descendant of Scorpion, Johnny Cage isn't even physically in the movie supposedly

8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Very nice. Anywhere specifically to read all these spoilers? I’d be interested.

Jusscali likes this.
  9. Yeah I'll PM you

Jusscali likes this.
  10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Jusscali likes this.
  11. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Me three

12. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Me 4

13. Jusscali

Kano is a good guy?

angrycandy likes this.
  14. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I’m really excited for Ludi Lin. Loved him in PR

Orla likes this.
  15. Jusscali

Shoulda got homeboy from warrior - he’s a stud

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

17. -deleted-

-

Oh man. So, I am a huge MK fan (as is obvious from it being 1 of a handful of games I ever have input for on the VG thread) and I too was worried about many aspects of this film. The brand new director, not many well known faces, and the story of Scorpion’s origin getting rehashed again. Not to mention focusing on a fighter that isn’t from the series.

However, as more info and photos come out (and a screening review that didn’t have its CGI complete but was heavy on the details) we might actually have a little hidden gem on its way. Some of the details had me like “Woah, they’re actually gonna do that?” And “Oh, ok that makes the origin story much cooler” in the way it’s presented. Definitely 100% intending to create an MKU with this one. Some cool cameos from well known characters too. Don’t wanna spoil for anyone unless they wanna know.

Also think they’re getting the look down pretty well (Though I don’t like the redesign of the emblem.)

https://twitter.com/mkmovie/status/1361857905562062851?s=21

18. -deleted-

-

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just want scenes like this one.

20. Very impressed by that Shang Tsung tbh.

Lawson looks good as Kano too. Hopefully we get some Terminator shit and his skin melts off at some point.

twitter nerds crying that he isn’t buff enough lmao

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  21. I also wonder if they’ll keep the lid on not showing Scorpion.

22. Really hope we get a movie skin pack for MK

23. Jusscali

Cole is definitely scorpion - or of his descent. Did I read that somewhere or just infer based on his image?

24. Jusscali

Raiden is just whatever