Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Morrissey Not Currently Playing Riot Fest?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 23, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Morrissey turned 57 yesterday and today posted on True to You that he has not yet confirmed he’s part of Chicago’s Riot Fest this year. So that’s weird. I reached out to Riot Fest to see what’s up with the king of mope.

2. devenstonow

Noobie

Classic Moz

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

We discussed this in the riot fest tour thread, the fan site has no quote or source for their post and the official Moz pages haven't said anything about him not playing. In fact, the most recent post on his Facebook is about Moz being confirmed as a headliner

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. True to You is definitely the most official of all the pages for Morrissey. It's where almost every direct quote from Morrissey himself comes from. It's very reliable.

5. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

This is a big surprise. To no one.

6. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I know it's unlikely, but I hope it isn't health related.

I'd rather him be a diva than have another bout with cancer or something.

7. dustyfloors

Baskiceball Champion

His official facebook page has confirmed it & that's the page that links to his official online store. That has to be legit, right?

8. Saephon

Regular

This is really weird, I'm not sure what to believe. Yes, many of us joked immediately upon seeing the lineup that he would walk out once he saw Riot Fest vendors selling meat. But checking the official Morrissey FB page, only the 2nd post down (May 18) is them confirming that he will be playing the festival. So what gives?