Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Morrissey is Mad Again

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Morrissey is mad that HMV put “one per customer” stickers on The Smiths’ “The Queen Is Dead” vinyl single:

This sticker was not requested by the Smiths, and cannot be found on any other HMV stock, and therefore exists for “The Queen Is Dead” only.

But why is it there?

An attempt to freeze sales is, of course, an overwhelming insult to the Smiths … as if artistic freedom must struggle in our current culture of banality … as if only counterfeit emotions may apply.

Or maybe it’s so someone doesn’t buy a bunch and put them on eBay and fans can’t get them in stores? I dunno, just a guess.

2. devenstonow

Noobie

Plot twist: it was Johnny Marr

3. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Seems like he might be in a constant state of "mad", rather than "mad again". I appreciate when businesses take efforts like this to look out for fans and protect against scalping or reselling. Seems obvious what they were going for with the sticker.

Raku likes this.
  4. Welp looks like Morrissey hasn't bought a record or gone to a show since the internet was invented

Raku likes this.
  5. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Dude is so out of touch that I kind of feel bad for him.

Raku likes this.
  6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I bet Morrissey buys 5 copies of every album.

Raku and coleslawed like this.
  7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

he's just mad he can't flip these.

Raku, DannyZach and Yellowcard2006 like this.
  8. DannyZach

Trusted

Raku likes this.