Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

More Covers of The 1975!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 8, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Wow these are wonderful.

3. ctigers92

Love It If We Made It is so classic and unique. Pale Waves is just a fantastic band too. Excited for their next release.

4. transrebel59

Regular

I'm putting on a tin foil hat for this one but I think some accusations are gonna come out against Matt Healey in the next year or so and everybody involved with this band is gonna feel extremely uncomfortable.

5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Do you know something? Or is this just a blind guess? Probably not a good look to randomly guess who is going to have an accusation come out against them.

6. ManBearPuig

I’m sorry what? Why even say something like this?

7. transrebel59

Regular

He started dating Gabriella Brooks within weeks of her turning 18 (he was 25/26 at the time) and was taking Beabadoobee on "shopping dates", according to an interview with her, when she was 16/17 and he was 27.

Dude is a similar to Drake - him hanging out with minors or dating women immediately after they turn 18 is completely legal. But it's always struck me as being creepy as fuck.

8. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

It’s not necessarily not creepy, but to insinuate someone is going to have allegations of abuse against them because of that isn’t really helpful.

coleslawed and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  9. gbuffers

England.

Wow. What an accusation to make with absolutely NO substance (including your commentary above).

tyramail likes this.
  10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

What a dumb fucking thing to say.

tyramail likes this.
  11. transrebel59

Regular

Definitely not gonna argue with a person that doesn't think it's weird for a man in his 20s to date somebody within weeks of them turning 18, as well as taking an underage girl on "shopping dates", in her words. If you think this type of shit and what Drake does is okay, then fuck off.

12. tyramail May 10, 2020
    (Last edited: May 11, 2020)
    tyramail

Trusted Supporter

No one is saying that’s not weird. But you can also fuck off if you think it’s okay to make assumptions about abuse allegations with no substance that holds any weight besides being “weird”. That’s a real terrible take and not productive at all.

Kyle Max likes this.