Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Morbius (Daniel Espinosa, April 1, 2022) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jan 8, 2020.

1. justin. Feb 11, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2020)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

A verified leak came out. Here are the interesting bits for those who don’t care to be spoiled

It seems that this is the bridge between the MCU and the Sony films.
    - Toomes is Michael’s cellmate and jokes about the blip
    - The poster of Spider-Man is actually the Homecoming outfit in the film
    - Toomes, Scorpion (Michael Mando) and Kasady (Woody Harrelson) escape from prison and Toomes tells Michael that he is putting a team together. Michael refuses.
    - Tyrese Gibson’s character (Simon Stroud) uses a weapon produced by Oscorp.

2. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Well, my takeaway from that is

Carnage being on the Sinister Six is the most Sony thing I can imagine.

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

[If this rumored leak ends up being true,] I’m not sure I read it that way. Sounds more like Cletus is escaping to set up Venom 2, while the others have the Sinister Six in mind. Which, is still a weird idea ‘cause I don’t think that’s where Homecoming left Toomes character-wise, but the MCU has made equally weird narrative choices, so whatever.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'd rather have Carnage in the Sinister Six than Morbius tbh

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't think that is the implication

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The decision to have Toomes still go after Peter and create the Sinister Six is the main thing I dislike. The spoiler forum stated that the leaker verified himself/herself through PM but as filming and editing are still underway some of this can still be false.

7. RyanPm40

Yeah neither do I, just chiming in on others opinions who think it means that. Makes more sense than Morbius to me anyways

8. RyanPm40

Yeah it seems weird for Toomes to be involved in Sinister Six based on the end of Homecoming. He seemed to grow to respect Peter and kept his mouth shut about his identity

9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Guess I'm gonna have to go see this after all lol

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Feels weird setting up sinister six with so few existing villains. I don't like the idea of throwing in guys without established backstory. Send like they hinted at Scorpion, but haven't followed up on it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. RyanPm40

Totally forgot Michael Mando played Scorpion. Love him in Better Call Saul, I hope they build more on his character in this franchise.

12. Tim

If I were doing Sinister Six, I’d do one of the following:

- Put them in a Spider-Man film, w/ Mysterio as the surprise 6th member & leader.

- Put them in a “Sinister Six” film, where a newly introduced Otto Octavius assembles the team & battles both Spider-Man & Venom.

- Put them in a “Sinister Six” film that references but is largely disconnected from Spider-Man, something more in the style of Birds of Prey, featuring Boomerang, Black Cat, & a bunch of the Spidey crime-based villains, maybe even Kingpin.

sawhney[rusted]2 and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. Tim

The Lee/Romita era even had another Vulture, Blackie Drago, who stole Toomes’ stuff. That story featured a still villainous Toomes, but it’s still a good model for how you could maintain Toomes’ arc while still having an evil Vulture.

Again, though, these movies (& the comics, for that matter) have enough inconsistencies if viewed as one cohesive character-driven story that, as long as I have fun popcorn flick, I won’t be mad.

Mostly, I’m just happy w/ all this Spider-Man content, even if the strategy could be better (& the casting of alleged predator Jared Leto frustrates me). Everything surrounding Spider-Man is just consistently my favorite as far as mainstream comics go. My pull list is only 5 titles at the moment, & 3 are Spider-Man-related (Miles Morales, Amazing Mary Jane, & the IDW series).

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

According to the leak he escapes with Toomes and Kasady

15. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Fuck the Sinister Six give us Superior Foes.

16. Tim

Those 5 foes are the Sinister Six. Fred Myers would not be happy if he heard you say that.

Allpwrtoslaves likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  19. Tim

Wonder how those shifting release dates & whatnot will affect this movie’s box office.

20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Why doesn't this asshole age?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

That is a terrible poster lmao

22. RyanPm40

It looks like a photoshopped fan edit lol

Kuri44 likes this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

3/19/21

25. Tim

March feels like a better month for this than July anyways, even w/out the virus.

What I really wanna know is what's happening to my precious Venom 2!