Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Morbius (Daniel Espinosa, April 1, 2022) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Wtf at Vulture being in this.

2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Was Morbius ever in the sinister six? If so, makes sense to have Vulture appear as they build up to that

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Nope, which makes it odd that Adrian would be talking to him

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Fuck Leto, trailer looks boring and bad, Keaton showing up genuinely piques my interest a bit. Gonna end up seeing this cause I have unlimited but I’m not looking forward to it

5. michael_gatto

Trusted

Will see for Matt Smith, even if his role ends up being small.

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

looks generic as fuck

michael_gatto likes this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

"from the studio that brought you the mcu spider-mans and venom" lmaoooooo

Zilla, Dan Quinlan and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. RyanPm40

I found it interesting they didn't even plug Spider-Verse, arguably the best Sony-produced Spidey flick to date lol

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

that's kiddie stuff, this is real adult territory

also, not "arguably" or even limited to sony productions. it's numero uno, at least until we see how the sequel(s) turn out

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Probably because compared to the other films not many saw spider-verse so from a marketing push it would be better to name the most popular films. Even though it said say “from the studio that brought you venom and paid for half and let marvel make homecoming and far from home”

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

jkauf and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The only thing Leto should be cast in is a fire.

ChaseTx, Serh, Rowan5215 and 10 others like this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

sony let the sinister six thing go challenge

thedrudo and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I don't know much about this character... But man, that could be the poster child for a generic "dark/gritty/antihero" trailer.

15. Looks pretty bland. Like, there was nothing interesting in that trailer.

16. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I remember liking this character in the Spider-Man animated series, but I was also like 10

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. soggytime

Trusted

No way Jared Leto can save this nightmare from 2003 the way Tom Hardy saved Venom. I mean say what you will about Joker, but I was really hoping that when that movie made 1 billion dollars Leto would never work again but here we are.

18. RyanPm40

To be fair, I imagine this movie has been in production since before Joker came out. But I agree

soggytime likes this.
  19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Jared Leto is a bad actor & ["allegedly"] a much worse human being. And, this doesn't look good the same way that Venom was genuinely a good movie (& I'll fight that battle 'til I die). It looks pretty bad.

But, like, I watched that trailer multiple times & will see this mess opening night.

That Vulture cameo brought me a lot of joy, just 'cause it really confirms the implications of past remarks from both Amy Pascal & Kevin Feige on Spider-Man's shared, ambiguously defined cinematic continuity. I hope the rumors from Twitter about a J. Jonah Jameson cameo were true, too. Plus, the negociations for a Tom Holland cameo in Venom 2. I don't want this to do well enough to give this Leto vehicle a sequel (& I doubt it will), but I can't wait for whatever Sony does next. The inevitable big Spider-Man crossover is gonna be wild 90s goodness.

20. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I'm already pre-emptively angry at how much this movie is gonna waste Matt Smith

and, naturally, Jared Leto needs to fuck off and die

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I'm already preemptively angry at how many people are going to mindlessly throw money at a movie that has a seriously problematic individual front and center just because it's a comic book movie.

22. Tim

Hey, I found myself randomly thinking about this...

Could you edit a link about Jared Leto’s awfulness into this first post?

Something like this (which was a top Google result I found quickly; maybe there’s a better one than this): Claims About Jared Leto Preying on Underage Women Have Resurfaced Yet Again & These Have Been Circulating For Over 20 Years

I personally still plan to see this opening night. I don’t have all my thoughts on when I’m ok & not ok watching movies w/ trash people involved in them perfectly worked out; I might eventually change my mind & Redbox it or sit it out altogether. BUT, I’m making that decision aware of who Leto is, & I’m also not discussing the film w/out bringing that up.

I dunno, I just feel like a film w/ a predator lead actor should have a first post disclaimer so that no one has a choice but to factor that into how they think about the film.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah i don't see why not. thanks, this is something i evidently should've been more mindful of

i suck

24. Tim

No you don’t! That’s not like an official policy or anything, to be fair; this is a special case of a news worthy, thread worthy movie w/ a predatory lead. Thanks!

25. Serh Jan 29, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 23, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

nah i mean, this was kind of in the back of my mind while the thread was being made, and everyone’s (correct) reactions had me thinking i’m not as cognitive of these types of things as i really should be. it should’ve hit me why no one made it before i did. that’s my bad

Tim likes this.