Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moose Blood Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by crunchprank, Apr 13, 2016.

1. CMilliken

Trusted

Personally think YFW is Brand New's worst album. Rarely listen to it.

2. CMilliken

Trusted

Really enjoying this album quite a bit. Probably on my 6th or 7th listen.

3. TophTheOriginal

I initially had some pretty high expectations for this record but pulled them back when I heard the singles they released building up to this. I really expected them to evolve a bit with this record, but I think it is safe to say they played it safe with this one.

The songs I disliked when they were first released are more enjoyable and work better for me while listening to this album in full. I agree the the last few songs are the backbone of this record, and could be some of their best work. Is it better than their first? Not sure, yet.

Overall, I love the mix and production on this. Love the tones on the guitars and bass, drums sound great as well. It's a solid album that I found enjoyable, but by no means does it break any ground. I guess you can say that it sounds like a Moose Blood record, and it's definitly kept my interest in this band.

partyscene and CMilliken like this.
  4. partyscene

my holy ghost is hovering over me

That's it, Blush is too safe.

5. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I'll echo what others have said so far... They shouldn't have released four tracks early, really killed the flow at the start of the album for me. No tracks really stood out to me on the first listen besides Shimmer. Overall I think it's good, not great. No real progress, just a more refined version of IKYIM. 6.5/10

partyscene likes this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

We are getting older lol

7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I mean my music tastes have changed a lot the last few years, but that's not why I'm not loving this album. IKYIM is just a lot better.

JBoch likes this.
  8. CMilliken

Trusted

That's the exact reason why I only listen to bands first single from upcoming releases. I want to hear the album as a whole on first listen. When you put out 4 songs just about half the album is released and out of context.

JBoch likes this.
  9. CMilliken

Trusted

I don't care about how old you are. Music is about being able to relate to a band/album/song/lyric. It just so happens I can relate to quite a bit of this album and really like it. Maybe some just can't relate to the songs as much anymore?

Kingjohn_654 and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Nothing on this album is as good as Swim Down, Boston or Gum. That said, this does still have some great songs and I'm sure it will grow on me even more. Knuckles is waaaaay too catchy.

JBoch and RunInTheFront like this.
  11. I like this album a fair bit. Kinda samey, but I could say the same for IKYIM.

12. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Knuckles is my favorite on the album by far.

13. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

This would've been fine if it were their debut album

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love immature music and my statement about getting older was kind of a joke. I listen to Joyce manor all of the time, I also really like well crafted pop punk but this records feels a tad bit generic. If they had done some more songs like the tracks at the end and not written a few of the cheesy guitar lines I would like it a lot more. I may be more selective these days than I was 10-15 years ago but I'm still listening to new bands every week

CMilliken likes this.
  15. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Love this post. I like this album and feel like it will grow on me after a couple more listens. I'm excited to see where these guys go as they continue to grow.

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

How many people on this site like Sparks The Rescue?

MikeyPaine likes this.
  17. RunInTheFront

I'm interested, but uninteresting. Prestigious

I really wanted to like this album, but aside from Freckle and Knuckles, I just can't get into it. Everything just sounds so formulaic and contrived. There's almost a formula to the songs that seems repetitive and jammed down our throats. That said, they definitely can write hooks and memorable parts. I enjoy the album, but not as much as I hoped I would.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  18. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

I mostly like Eyes To The Sun and some various other songs from their other releases.

19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll give it a third listen at some point this weekend. Maybe immature isn't the right word but it doesn't do anything to stand out. Thanks for the info though, I'll keep those things in mind next time I listen through

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  20. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

Haha it probably only appears that way. I've seen a massive amount of positive support for this in various places. I kind of expected a split reaction about this album. I really like this album a lot. I think with anything some are going to like it and some just won't. Also sometimes the positives for some people are negatives for others. Music is interesting like that.

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Went for a walk last night and listened to this. The last few tracks are gorgeous. Also the bonus track Loome is fantastic.

johnnyutes likes this.
  22. what

Regular

Some great jams on this. Lovely album to end the summer with.

23. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Anyone else get a Third Eye Blind vibe from Spring?

TophTheOriginal likes this.
  24. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Does anyone else get a 1975 vibe from Sway?

25. Only made it one listen so far, but I'm digging it. Definitely loved when they experimented more, maybe on album two for Hopeless they will do a little more different stuff? Something about his voice just keeps me listening to them, I love it. Also love their groove. It can be a little bit of the same on some songs, but since I enjoy it I don't mind haha