Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moose Blood Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by crunchprank, Apr 13, 2016.

1. SamLevi11 Aug 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2016)
    SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

So far:

Honey/Knuckles >>> Sulk >>> Cheek

This is definitely the weakest song out of the four so far hook wise. I do think Blush & Knuckles are two of my favourite songs they have ever done though.

2. LJ Rime

Regular

Blush is the album. You're talking about Honey.

3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Ugh the vocals are really ruining these new songs for me.

4. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

"Cheek" might be my favourite of the lot so far. Has that nostalgia vibe that they do so well. Vocal production definitely not doing much for me on every song so far though, have to agree.

5. LJ Rime

Regular

What's wrong with the vocals?

6. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's something with the mixing of them - there are moments where they still sound a little in "demo form" for me.

Jake W likes this.
  7. LJ Rime

Regular

That's what I thought about their first album. I like their vocals on these four tracks a ton more. To each their own.

8. Jake W

Apart from on Honey, there's something really off for me on the vocals on these new songs. I'm no expert on music production in any way so I don't know how to explain it, all I know is that I don't like it. If the vocals were like they were on the first album then I'd enjoy these songs a lot more.

9. I think the vocals sound slightly 'muted' for lack of a better description when compared to IKYIM, but not necessarily different. In some ways though it seems to match the aesthetic of the album art

10. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

the lack of progression heard in all the singles released so far has killed all my hype for this album. You could put any of these songs on their first LP and they would fit perfectly.

11. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

They haven't progressed their sound much, they're just addressing different themes and going for a different aesthetic. From what i've heard, this album feels more "romantic" than IKYIM. If it isn't broke though, there's no need to fix it... not just yet, at least.

12. devenstonow

Noobie

Got my hoodie/record/7 inch preorder today. The record itself is REALLY pretty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haven't listened to it yet; might spin it tonight or sometime early this evening.

13. LJ Rime

Regular

I didn't much like their first album but I do like all four tracks that have been released. There may not have been a full on progression, but they certainly tweaked whatever they did before and made it better.

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think they need to. They're blowing up big time in the UK, and so they really should keep their sound for this record and ride the wave and I actually think they've actually gone a little poppier anyway. The preoccupation with bands needing to constantly change puzzles me.

God mine will be arriving any day now, I cannot wait...

15. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Mine shipped out yesterday! Can't wait

16. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

That's a very cool looking record.

Also, I'm slowly warming up to these songs.

17. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I wish they didn't play it as safe with this record. I'm sure it'll be a grower but nothing really stuck with me the way Cherry or Kelly Kapowski did.

Also that vinyl is gorgeous

18. I've now listened through a few times, and overall still think its pretty damn solid. Definitely doesn't grab me like IKYIM did either, but I think some of that is due to the dragged out release schedule. All the singles (including cheek earlier this week) have a different feeling than the rest of the tracks, and because most of them have been out for so long I think it loses some of the cohesiveness if you were listening through for the first time after only hearing 1 or 2 songs. I think you'll see a lot of progression for LP3, given that this one was probably new label/push to US focused which kept the format generally the same.

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I would have to agree with this entire paragraph after my first listen.

Still think the label fucked up announcing this 4 months early. If they would have released this in early July and only released Blush and Knuckles, I think it would have rolled out better

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Hopeless seem to have a thing for drawn out releases but I wish they didn't. Should have released Honey, then a month later Knuckles, then a month later the album. They didn't need to release half the album beforehand.

21. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

More than happy with this record. Standouts so far are Knuckles, Glow, Cheek and Sway.

22. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Has it leaked or something?

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Pre orders started arriving on Wednesday so I guess so. Mine turned up today but I'm at work so can't listen.

24. Jake W

Just finished listening to it in full for the first time... Most of the album is definitely better than Sulk and Cheek, but I'm still disappointed with this at the moment. The vocals on most tracks are still holding back my enjoyment of it. Maybe I'll like it more with time.