Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moose Blood Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by crunchprank, Apr 13, 2016.

1. crunchprank Apr 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 23, 2017)
    crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Edit: Mandatory edit, but I'll leave my original post in tact because I believe in posterity. I'm no longer a fan of this band, nor do I support them due to the recent sexual harassment allegations against multiple members and how the band has irresponsibly handled the situation. I urge you to consider the victim(s) in this case before deciding whether or not to support this band.

Original Post: Cheesy lyrics intertwined with some addictive poppy and catchy music, Moose Blood for one reason or another I can't get enough of. There seems to be plenty of other bands doing this same thing, but something about them just really draws me in. Anyway, I noticed we didn't have a thread on them and considering they have a new album coming soon, I think some discussion is essential.

2. Louie

Takes a Bit More

I like these guys. One of my fist finds on Rdio last year. I think they popped up on PVRIS radio for me.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this band's going to blow up big time probably
    hope this record isn't cheesy like the last one, maybe i'll be able to listen

4. devenstonow

Noobie

The clip they posted on twitter has me hyped beyond belief...this might break Hotelier/Tiny Moving Parts as my most anticipated

5. josephcissell

Regular

Yeah, I have a feeling these guys are about to explode. Especially now that they’ve signed with Hopeless. Some of their stuff is on the cheesy side, but I can’t stop listening to I’ll Keep You In Mind. These guys also feel particularly genuine to me, I think that’s some of the appeal.

6. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

They are some of the most genuine, stand-up guys I met at Warped last year. Swung by their merch later in the day and they had sold out of everything so we just chatted for about 5 minutes. They just seemed blown away and grateful that people we're stopping by and checking them out.

I loved them before seeing them live and love them even more after.

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Love these guys. Their debut is absolutely brilliant. From the start of "Gum", the ending melodies of "Pups", the whole of "Boston" and so on, it was filled with special moments.

Seeing them tonight in Wolves and apparently they're playing two new songs. Can't wait to hear them.

8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The new songs sounded great last night.

9. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Gum is the best song. Hopeless is the perfect fit. Also, they are the absolute nicest guys and are so genuinely happy to play music and that makes it so fun to listen!

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Apparently the encore is Boston and Gum, which is perfect.

11. berbakay

Anyone listening to Radio 1?

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The album is coming out on August 5th and is called "Blush"

13. Jake W

Ugh why so long

14. berbakay

Honey is awesome

15. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Until it pops up elsewhere

josephcissell likes this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Listened live, it's fantastic. What's great is that the other song they played live last night, 'Glow', sounded even better.

17. Awksome

Regular

Thanks. Song's great! They don't disappoint. So excited for their next album.

18. Am I the only one just a little disappointed by this track? It's so run of the mill, sounds like a song that wouldn't have made the last record. Not bad, just kind of middling. They have many better songs than this.

19. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Song's okay, hoping they'll do more interesting things lyrically on the next one than I'll Keep You In Mind

20. Iago

forbidden chalice.

The new Moose Blood album announcement reminded me how much I loved their debut record. Gonna spin that right now and then check out the new song.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Very into this song. This band is going to have a huge year

22. Jake W

The venues that they headline in the UK just keep getting bigger... [​IMG]

Tom Kelly likes this.
  23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'll probably go Koko and Birmingham Institute. God I love this band.

Song has been getting some played on Radio 1 too which is cool.

Music video tonight as well.

Hoping for some pre order bundles in two weeks or so.

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

just realized how much this band sounds like sparks the rescue or go radio's pianoless songs
    hm

25. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Good lads.