Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moose Blood Remove Drummer Following Accusations • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 22, 2017.

1. JM95

Trusted

Explain...

2. Kiana Mar 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 22, 2017)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

men are socialized to feel entitled to women's bodies and as long as that continues to be a norm, they will stay being creeps. there's a huge issue in our music scene that has to be addressed and cannot be ignored and the music scene should be called out specifically for what it fosters, but also it stems from the wider issue of the way men are taught to view women.

Arry, Zoshchenko, lightning13 and 7 others like this.
  3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the other huge problem here is that the singer and other band members did something but they're using the drummer as the fall guy. just disgusting

4. JM95

Trusted

Ok.

5. JohnnyStacks

Regular

I don't think anyone here or in their right mind would say that......

6. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Jesus Christ. I'm not even touching this one.

7. Kiana

Nobody asked u to

[​IMG]

8. JohnnyStacks

Regular

I think you're generalizing. The scene yes. Our entire society, no.

9. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Didn't the same thing basically happen with Neck Deep too?

10. cwhit

did you see who was elected president???
    yup

11. JohnnyStacks

Regular

And more than half our country didn't vote for him.

12. cwhit

over half of men who voted did

dylan and CarpetElf like this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

dylan and cwhit like this.
  14. Kiana

I mean, def our society. The scene doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's indicative of what's going on around it. It is born from institutions that we all participate in and nobody is immune to the influence. Until these ways of thinking are eradicated I think the best bet is to recognize and point out the way women are viewed in our society and try to undo the harmful things we've inevitably learned and picked up along the way. It cant just exist in the scene. It is learned from somewhere else and then unfortunately infests the scene. tbh it doesn't even make sense for it to exist in the scene without being learned from other institutions in society. Genuinely, how do you think it starts?

15. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Right off the bat it says rape has fallen 63% since 1993. So is society falling or rising? I really don't want to get into this bullshit conversation over message board. It's not going to be conveyed properly over one post at a time. I feel as it's not cut and dry simple. I feel as men and women both are to blame for our society. But honestly, this society has me tired

16. JohnnyStacks Mar 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 22, 2017)
    JohnnyStacks

Regular

im really tired but if tomorrow everyone that wants to be involved in a huge conversation where we can defend/come to terms with both sides. My issuses are I'm sick of the finding definite labels such as male/female, black/white/Asian, gay/straight/bi, etc instead of labeling it as just humans and what type of character they represent. I feel like I'm rambling but I'm not at all trying to be a dick or knock your side but I'm tired of people being lumped into groups instead taking individuals and analyzing it situationally because nothing is cut and dry. I will say that our societies view on sex and relationships and respect is so flawed I don't think there's any coming back. I'm sorry I don't make sense I need the sleeps.

17. Kiana

Do what you need to do to self-care tbh! But I do think labels are important, at least for me and I think they're important for lots of others too. They can get dicey when they're used to stereotype others or put them in a box and I get why some don't like that, but for me, my identity as a mixed-race woman is intrinsically linked with everything I do. I don't want those labels removed because I'm not just a human - I have these aspects of me that shape my perspective and how I see the world. Disregarding those labels would be a disservice to my viewpoint and I'm sure the viewpoint of many others. These things aren't usually talked about on an individual level because they're structural. Individuals are influenced differently and individuals learn and grow and take responsibility for what they put out into the world, but things like racism, sexism, homophobia, and all other sorts of awful things are structural and permeated thru so many institutions in society so talking about them on an individual basis is kinda pointless imo. It's a wider spread issue.

Zoshchenko and dylan like this.
  18. JohnnyStacks

Regular

I definitely see your side to it. I'm just being completely honest but I'm pretty broken and done with this society. I've become apathetic to every issue bc I have so many flung at me everyday. Partially my fault for visiting the websites I do and the podcasts I've been listening too. I've basically lost all faith in humanity and want to only live in a world full of kittens and some dogs.

19. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Heard stories from a girl I met at Slam Dunk festival last year about the drummer sending her nudes on snapchat. So I'm hardly surprised by this tbh.

20. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

well, this thread went to shit less than 1 page in

putting in my vote for "men are socialized to believe they can force themselves on women, the scene just amplifies this by placing them in a position of power"

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Me and my friends have seen this band live around 10 times going back to 2013. Because of this, I've already had a friend or two saying "Oh Eddy would never do that!" I've met him many times, and yes, he always came across as a nice guy, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't do something stupid and awful like take a photo of a nude and share it with his band mates.

If anything, I find it quite believable and just wish he would own up to his mistakes, say he's sorry to the woman in question and then maybe we can all move on. Hiding only makes it worse.

cwhit likes this.
  22. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

Where did you read this?

23. cwhit

all the comments on the fb post
    apparently the singer dude took a girl's phone and took pictures of her nudes and then shared it around in a text thread? that other band members were involved in or something???

24. jorbjorb

7 rings

I don't know why anyone in the right mind would think that this is a good idea. what a dumb ass. bye.

25. fuck this band

workingmandan likes this.