Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moose Blood Remove Drummer Following Accusations

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Moose Blood have booted their drummer, Glenn Harvey, following accusations of sexual harassment:

It’s taken a few days to respond to everything that’s circulating online at the moment regarding our band but Glenn Harvey is not currently a member of Moose Blood.

In no way do we support any disrespectful or inappropriate behaviour towards anyone, male or female. This is not a decision we’ve taken lightly.

We will continue with our North American tour, with the exception of St. Louis tonight, with our good friend on drums. Moose Blood and our label Hopeless Records will be making a charitable donation to RAINN to show our support and awareness.

We appreciate your patience and your loyalty.

The “is not currently” language seems a little non-committal.

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

For those interested, there are some other screenshots that the Twitter user linked in the main post tweeted out.

Also there are some screenshots and allegations against the singer that he took nudes off a girl's phone whose house the band was staying at and then sent the nudes to the band's group chat.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Call me cynical, but I can't wait for the apologists to say his career is being ruined by unfounded accusations.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

They're already all out and about. Just read the comments on the Facebook post.

5. sincerelymejames

Jimmy Reardon Supporter

I'm curious as to what Mariel Loveland of Candy Hearts will have to say about all of this. As far as I know, she's dating Glenn.

6. red8ge

Regular

time and time again, new jack bands that make sincerity their gimmick turn out to all be scumbags

7. Iamhollywood315

Regular

So this guy apparently sent dick pics to a girl. Was she underage?

8. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I would love to hear your explanation as to why sending unsollicited dick pics to someone isn't harassment.

Hagysaurus likes this.
  9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Tbh I think it's a "man" thing more than anything else. #SorryMenButNotReally

10. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

No, but is was unsolicited and they were very graphic

11. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I agree with the odd wording. Is that essentially saying their buddy is filling in pending an "investigation" Seems pretty cut and dry, the guy did it, it was unsolicited and vulgar. Say he was kicked out and removed from the band based on his actions!

12. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I'm simply trying to figure out what exactly took place and you automatically get confrontational about it.i misses the part where I said it wasn't harassment and being underage makes it significantly worse. But okay buddy go an be an assumer

Tata Toothy and euphguapo like this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

14. JohnnyStacks

Regular

I think you're jumping the gun on his/her comment. If the sentence read like this, "So? This guy apparently sent dick pics to a girl." Then I can understand. The last part about asking if she was underage sounds like a sincere question out of curiosity and the first half seemed like he/she was informing us of what happened.

Tata Toothy, coleslawed and euphguapo like this.
  15. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I'm severely upset to hear this. Moose Blood has become one of my favorite new bands, but until they can provide a legitimate explanation for all of this that clearly shows that they aren't total tools, abusers, and harassesers I'll have to stop supporting them.

midnightxtaylor likes this.

16. If you click the link on "accusations," you'll find all the answers you're looking for about what the accusations are/were/continue to be.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  17. So far she has been messaging folks asking them to stop talking about it until they hear "his side of the story" and liking tweets declaring him innocent. Nothing formal.

Eric and sincerelymejames like this.
  18. sincerelymejames

Jimmy Reardon Supporter

Interesting. She's so outspoken about the mistreatment of women. She herself was abused on Warped Tour a while back.

Eric likes this.
  19. Ehhhh. I know, and myself and a lot of others upset about Moose Blood defended her. That said, it's not even close to the first time she's pushed back against allegations when it was one of "her dudes".

Eric likes this.
  20. sincerelymejames

Jimmy Reardon Supporter

Oh wow! I wasn't aware of her "push back." If that's the case, she sounds pretty shady.

21. devenstonow

Noobie

didn't that situation also end up not being super cut and dry/very 'he said she said'

22. It's pretty much peak white feminism in that it has only historically been a problem for her when it impacts her personally. Several of us have tried to reason with her over the years. No luck so far.

Eric and euphguapo like this.
  23. CMilliken

Trusted

Do these bands ever learn from their peers mistakes?! You think people would stop and think, "This could really get me into some shit. Maybe I shouldn't do this". I don't get it. Especially these small up and coming bands. Still so upset about Better Off and how they handled everything. Killed the band.

24. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Unfortunately, humans are flawed as fuck.

JM95 and CMilliken like this.
  25. SuNDaYSTaR Mar 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 22, 2017)
    SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Perhaps you're right. I just keep reading people who can't wait to jump on the (typical and predictable) "she wasn't underage so it's not that bad" apologist bandwagon, which is how that comment sounded to me.