Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moose Blood Release Statement • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Absolutism is dumb. Ignoring the social, legal, historical, and political setting that these cases happen in is assanine. It boils down to tone policing, "tut tuting", and ignoring context becuase you think it gives you some kind of intellectual integrity while in reality it takes a great deal of either misunderstanding of folkways and mores or intellectual dishonesty.

2. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Oh my god did you change your profile pic to a tombstone? Are you 16?

I bet you haven't even been banned. The indignation.

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Doesn't really seem like he wants to "learn" though.

That said I do agree we should be having more discussions rather than endlessly insulting and shouting at each other.

suicidesaints and dylan like this.
  4. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

The fact that you would've had to double-check this thread (despite no notifications) and then stil felt inclined to @ me something as trivial as that just shows you're borderline obsessed with me, Jesse. It's been 3 days; I know it's slow news day with nothing posted on main feed, but c'mon, J. There's still the forums.

Besides, you cannot change pic/name afterwards. Doesn't even displau a 'banned' sign for those banned (there's a tip JT) because then how else would Tate & co get their gratification of the last-reply/laugh if it's public that the individual is actually just banned & can't see the replies anyway (minus proxy ofc).

So it makes sense for anyone who @'s me once Lord Tate awakes from his slumber and wants me to feel the holy dogmatic wrath of the righteous banhammer.

5. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

exactly. we go through this with some user every time for every sexual assault or other types of allegation news post. there is no excuse for it at all, but especially not in the current context of the victims who have been coming forward more and more. There are hundreds of posts on this site, articles on the internet, and social media posts. If someone is still arguing about "innocent until proven guilty" or some other bullshit, it shows a complete lack of empathy for those victims and a basic understanding of the institutions in place that allow for the abuse to take place and the abusers to not get charged.

Every time, they have a handful of users saying "hey, this is shitty and here's why." and instead of the shitty users learning that as a learning and growing opportunity, they double down and dig in and it turns into this shit show yelling match. every time. these users deserve to be yelled at once they show a deliberate intent to continue to argue rather than try to learn. there's no winning with them. just shut them down and ban them when they cross that annoying and problematic line.

6. dylan

he even went so far as to update his bio about being banned as well. this chump is a fucking dork.

7. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I actually keep getting a bunch of notifications from this thread, from other replies and from others liking my posts so your whole post is off base.

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Learn? Yes. Always room to learn.
    Accept that the solution is to immediately assume a party is guilty upon accusation solely because of statistics? No. I have a problem with that. No justification of how shitty the system is doesn't rectify that problem. But obviously it's a sad state of affairs when this shit is happening anyway.

9. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

he said banhammer unironically

really

Carrow and dylan like this.
  10. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Hold on, I'll write you a shoutout.

11. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I hope @Jason Tate doesn't ban you just because I think it would piss you off more.

Anthony_ and SamLevi11 like this.
  12. dylan

How else would he play his “mah free speech” card?

Anthony_ and Carrow like this.
  13. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

There was no other replies after your last comment and likes aren't a justification to review a thread unless you're seriously that vain to get self-gratification upon likes.

Hey, maybe you should print the posts as your wallpaper?

14. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

would be doing me a favor with the hammer actually as I wanted an excuse for a free username change.

15. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I mean, if I know the user and have engaged with them on multiple occasions I like to see what post they liked, as your notifications don't show that. But I guess you owned me, Kieran.

16. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Get them posts framed, champ. Send me a photocopy and I'll sign it. Glad we're on first name basis too, Jesse. Quite cute.

17. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

i know you think you're funny but i have some, uhhh, news

you're not funny

nomemorial and Carrow like this.
  18. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Thanks, I know. Figured it was only fair.

19. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit. Some people are fucking hilarious.

20. this idiot now has 'banned - no opinions allowed' as his title

god, what an absolute douchecanoe

21. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Just waiting for Tate.

22. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

i'm sure he'll also confirm that you're not funny

23. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

It's a shame you can't see it on Mobile. Look into it, Tate.

24. everyone knows it already, this dude is on to a loser.

25. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

well, no shit. he's a grouchy mid 30s man who bullies on his forums for a living