Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moose Blood Release Statement • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 23, 2018.

1. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

'Confrontational' yet you attacked me, ok lol. If the case is going to court to be evaluated by jury, then it seems more reasonable to await for that verdict than have virtual pitchforks for either party.

But yet most people here will have made their minds up anyway. Same people who still call Michael Jackson a 'pedophile' despite the verdict ruling him innocent.

2. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

THATS BECUASE THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM IN THIS COUNTRY DOES NOT SERVE VICTIMS OF ABUSE AND SEXUAL CRIMES.

I didn't attack you, I pointed out that you're view of this situation is naive. Which it is.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  3. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

It's not perfect but it has for many situations. I know first-hand.

They claim they're innocent and wish to take it to court. I'd rather be 'naïve' than lay blame on anyone until a more official verdict.

4. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Official verdicts means almost nothing in the case of sexual assault. It is incredibly rare that justice is served in these cases. Not to mention, legality is not always a sign of morality. Many unethical things have been deemed “legal” in many countries. I would encourage anyone with such a naive outlook to do some research and consider that misogyny is codified into our laws.

The Criminal Justice System: Statistics | RAINN

CoffeeEyes17, Arry, Penguin and 11 others like this.
  5. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

hey, stop attacking him

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  6. personalmaps

Hoping this is a joke. I can’t see anyway you could read an explanation and link to statistics as an attack.

Edit: never mind, rereading the thread, I get you, lmao. Always on edge in threads like this, sorry.

7. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Those are American statistics. This is a UK court process.

8. personalmaps

Okay, misogyny is a worldwide epidemic and you can’t possibly that that’s magically different in the UK.

Rape statistics

You can always take 45 seconds to google things before deciding that these problems don’t exist.

CoffeeEyes17, Arry, mercury and 4 others like this.
  9. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

And when the UK stats look remarkably similar I'm sure you'll find another excuse to dismiss them.

10. personalmaps

And, just to circumvent the next bullet point that comes up in these threads: there are different forms of sexual assault. So-called non-violent sexual crimes are taken even less seriously and are even less likely to result in any actual justice.

11. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

So the solution is to assume a party is guilty? The former Neck Deep guitarist had allegations against him (sexual messages with a minor), so he called the police himself to investigate the matter and they deemed him innocent with no action necessary. That career is ruined.

The notion of just assuming either party is guilty seems wrong to me, despite how flawed the justice system may/may not be. If they're guilty, they're guilty. They still deserve a fair trial.

12. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

You are ignoring fhe world we live becuase it doesn't line up with how you think things should work.

Penguin likes this.
  13. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Your proposed solution to just assume any party is guilty isn't right either.

14. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

It's that or watch a bunch of victims get fucked over and over again. Which happens a hell of a lot more often than false accusations. I pick the victims, you're picking the perpetrators because you believe in the justice system, even though all the evidence says that you shouldn't.

15. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

They got the passport stuff worked out. He didn’t really wanna comment on Moose Blood...

16. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Except I'm not picking sides of whose guilty - you are. People can take the allegations seriously without pointing fingers. And it isn't fair to lump all accusations under same brush, no matter how small you deem the odds of false claims to be. How is that righteous? Everyone deserves a fair trial, whatever the crime.

I choose to believe the justice system over the internet jury, yes. Unfortunately sexual abuse is hard to prove, more definitely needs to be done. But in this scenario, police can easily trace the history of Whatsapp convos (including deleted messages) to view if those allegations are true and whatever else necessary.

suicidesaints and carrytheweird like this.
  17. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Knowing what we know about the criminal justice system, not believing the victim is picking sides.

Butinsmallsteps and skogsraet like this.
  18. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Not that it matters one way or another, but I think it's related to the same situation.

19. The obsession with the justice system and built in assumption it’s fair/correct/just/not racist and sexist .... is weird and completely out of touch with 2018.

20. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Gonna jump in here because stupidity shouldn’t go unchecked.

Stuff like this is “picking sides.” We know for a fact false claims basically never happen, especially not in cases like this where allegations have been out for months with no response. No one is “deeming” anything because we have actual numbers to back those claims up — your dismissal of these facts is a deliberate attempt to discredit the side you didn’t pick.

You’re hiding behind the righteousness of a system that fails victims time and time again. In the face of that fact, you shrug your shoulders and leave it up to them anyway. Don’t try and pretend you’re not on the band’s side here. By choosing to go along with a system that supports abusers with regularity, you’re picking a side. This isn’t about any “internet jury.” You’re just either too squeamish or too misogynistic to take a hard look at the facts we know and realize for yourself who’s in the wrong. It’s not hard to do. A little critical thinking helps.

Doubtful. See above.

21. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’m not sure texts and convos are very easily traced. My girlfriend filed a police report for someone who scammed her once, they couldn’t get texts beyond 90 days.

Jesse West likes this.
  22. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I was once sent multiple death threats over text by a Co worker who got fired for drawing an image of a naked women in the snow and then air humping towards it where customers could see. Police said they couldn't prove he sent the texts.

23. personalmaps

I just don’t see why in any other scenario on earth, people believe majority statistics, but in cases of sexual assault, we’re suddenly supposed to throw that out the window. Statistics exist to help us make sound judgement based on facts. And the facts are that most women have experienced sexual violence and are telling the truth. I’ll pick that every time.

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m pretty sure iMessage can be difficult to decrypt as well. The send and receiver is easy to find but not what the actual message contains.

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the woman has already said she's fighting it, why should she fight it when she's in the harder situation in the first place if it wasn't true......????

Turkeylegz likes this.