Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moose Blood – “Knuckles”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

I adore this band and I adore this song

crunchprank likes this.
  3. xenoabe

Regular

This album is going to be so freakin good.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I really like this song. Chorus is awesome.

5. It's a nice song but everything is so underwhelming compared to how excited I was for the first LP. I'm honestly not looking forward to this that much and I was hyping it so hard before "Honey" was released. Both songs have just been painfully mediocre, especially in the hook department.

6. m32137

Regular

Anyone else have "moose knuckle" pop into their head the first time they read the headline?

7. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

100%

8. tshreve

Metalicca

I just learned what that was 3 days ago, so yes. Yes indeed.

9. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

All these songs make me even more excited to see them in August. This song is amazing.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing them for the Eighth time next month, and the ninth & tenth later this year. Too good.

I really like the hook to this, takes so little time to worm into your brain, and as usual, the cheesy lyrics are just so feel good.

This band make me ridiculously happy.

11. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Great, as always.

12. klaszlogt

Their whole aesthetic is very much like the 1975 right now

13. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

100%. Not a bad thing in my opinion. The artwork for this album really seems to match the music well, and this song is definitely the direction I thought they'd take after hearing Honey. Going to be great.

14. CMilliken

Trusted

Dig this.

15. Oruc Stolon

See the shine in the black sheep boy

So sad to say how underwhelming both of their new tracks have been. Their debut was so amazing and Honey and Knuckles are just bleh.

16. This is a ton better than Honey

pauljgreco likes this.
  17. Thank you, I felt like the only one who sees just how mediocre these songs are.

And I want to add that I LOVED their debut and first couple EPs.

18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I'm honestly surprised that the band is going in this direction, considering the overwhelmingly positive response to their debut full-length and a target audience that is notorious for being appalled by a band putting out "more of the same" (because why would we want bands to keep sounding the way they did when we liked them?) while simultaneously being completely averse to radical change. We want artists to "grow," but when they grow in a direction we personally don't like, we condemn them for it. I guess this is a long-winded way of saying the band is taking a major creative risk putting out songs like this. I definitely respect them for that.

All that said, this is a catchy song. To go along with their previous catchy-as-all-hell song. I'm loving it and can't wait to hear the rest of the album. August is too far away, though. This is clearly a summer album and it won't be coming out until the tail end of it. Not a smart move on Hopeless' part.

And hey, are we witnessing the birth of modern "pop-emo?" As in, dropping the "-punk" entirely? I think so.

pauljgreco likes this.
  19. Nah, BLG got their way before them.

And while I am always open-minded when a band puts out a new release, I have to say what I think and I think these tracks have both been wasted potential. They definitely have catchy fragments but overall, as a lover of emo pop in general (cheesy stuff included), I think these are only okay tracks at best, pretty bad at worst. I'm glad a lot of people are liking them though and I hope the band grows from this but I just can't in good faith say that I'm really happy with the songs.

I totally agree about the release date being a flub, this album should be coming out in mid-June.

20. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Love it. The bridge reminded me of The Dangerous Summer.

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Are you talking about Boys Like Girls? Because they were nowhere near emo. They were, like, extra-pop-pop-punk on their first album and then dropped the "-punk" and just became a pop band after that.

22. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Anyone else getting The Academy Is... vibes from this? Chorus is insanely catchy. Probably one of the more likeable Moose Blood songs for me.

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

As basically this sites seemingly biggest Moose Blood fan, this song grows on me with every listen.

24. jorbjorb

7 rings

I didn't care for honey but this one has a really nice sound/chorus

25. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

This is a jam for sure. These guys are so good at creating catchy songs. I've already pre-ordered a while back.