Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moonlight (Barry Jenkins, October 21st, 2016) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Nathan, Aug 11, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I thought I posted in here but I guess I didn't. This was my favorite movie of last year.

2. Dog with a Blog

I by no means think it's bad, it clearly has some of the most amazing moments of the film. Just as a whole, it didn't hit me as hard as the previous two.

imthesheriff, dadbolt and Serh like this.
  4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Awesome speech. Glad he won and I'm hoping he gets the Oscar too.

dadbolt likes this.
  5. chcougar1

Trusted

Saw this today. I thought it was definitely great but it didn't hit me like I thought it would for some reason. I was more entertained (and sucked in) by La La Land, embarrassingly.

6. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Saw this today, caught up on this thread, great movie, so beautifully executed and emotionally complex. My theatre was pretty packed which I didn't expect, only two laughs the whole film which I think is about right. That whole chair sequence at the end of Act 2 was brilliant.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Seeing this tonight instead of Lego Batman, John Wick, Fences and A Cure for Wellness (as well as every other movie that's out, I guess). Don't know anything about it besides a general consensus that it's good. Hoping it's an OK choice

incognitojones likes this.
  9. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Absolutely gorgeous film

10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The camera styling used in this movie was masterful. Not sure whether to pick this or Lala for Best Cinematography.

imthesheriff likes this.
  11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I can't remember the last time I became that invested in a movie that quickly. I greedily wish it was longer

popdisaster00 likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

That is awesome. I'll see every movie he's ever in and hope that I can help him get there.

Btw, how much time do you spend on Twitter?? Your finger seems to be on the pulse of everything and it always impresses me

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

way too many hours, I don't even want to know haha, but thanks

15. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

didn't know i didn't already subscribe to this thread. i finally managed to see this a little while ago after waiting for it to come closer to my area and it was so worth the wait.
    i was absolutely floored by this film. i can't even think of the right adjectives to describe how i felt/still feel thinking about it.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

popdisaster00, dadbolt and mad like this.
  17. Morrissey

Trusted

If Moonlight somehow won Best Picture, it would be the best one in over twenty years. It seems pretty doubtful though.

18. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

and it's ridiculous that those thoughts go together. like, it would be the best Best Picture winner in years so it should be a LOCK.

19. Morrissey

Trusted

At the end of 2019 Moonlight will appear in a lot of lists of the best films of the decade. La La Land will be that footnote where people say "remember the one with the dancing?" It will join such remembered films as The King's Speech, The Artist, Argo, and Spotlight.

20. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I didn't really enjoy this. Not sure what the hype is all about but I must have missed something

I think Manchester By The Sea and La La Land are more deserving of best picture :/

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

La La Land was my favorite movie of last year, but if this won tonight, I'd have zero problem with it. It just does so much, so well.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Did I miss a hint as to what became
    of Juan?

23. Morrissey

Trusted

He died. They mention the funeral.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I don't think they explicitly stated how he died but I assumed it was because he was a drug dealer

25. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Damn, I never caught that about Juan.