Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Montebello Rockfest 2017 (Amnesia Rockfest) Festival • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Oct 18, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Few interesting posts from the Facebook video

Is it true that finally A7x will not be there [​IMG]
    Montebello Rockfest The only 2 bands we announced are Rammstein and The Offspring, as well as the St-Jean bands. :)

Will there be a hip hop artist again this year?
    Montebello Rockfest Yes [​IMG]

2. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

maybe A Tribe Called Quest?

3. rippybits

yeah I could see A Tribe Called Quest or Wu-Tang Clan playing

4. redwing91007

[​IMG]

This year, we've got bands from 12 different countries! Canada, USA, France, Switzerland, Germany, UK, Finland, Sweden, Brazil, Mexico, Jamaica.

5. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

What makes you say A7X won't be there?

6. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

He didn't say that, someone asked the festival about them not being there and below is the answer they gave. It doesn't deny they'll be there, that's for sure.

7. redwing91007

Yeah exactly what @Whatjuliansaid

That's just from the Facebook comments. That being said, Avenged are playing Montreal on July 19th with Metallica so II'm not sure how that would work with a radius clause. The fact that they are only an opener might make it feasible.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  8. Whatjuliansaid

But it does probably mean Metallica isn't playing, which sucks. I've seen openers play major festivals before, definitely at bamboozle so I think there's a chance a7x plays even if it's not high.

9. redwing91007

Yeah I'm pretty sure we can count them out. But we knew that as soon as Rammstein was announced. Having those two bands as headliners is probably still out of reach financially. Either that or the undercard would suck.

10. Whatjuliansaid

Yea, I can imagine rammstein is pretty expensive. Last year was stacked though but I guess there's a big difference between B headliners and A headliners otherwise the undercards would solely be locals and the ataris Haha

11. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yeah I don't know the specifics of the radius clause so it sounds like there really isn't anything conclusive on A7X being there or not. Holding out hope though!

12. redwing91007

Less than 24 hours!

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  13. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

This is...interesting lol

upload_2017-2-21_18-16-47.png

14. Whatjuliansaid

That sounds fun

15. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i like when festivals do stuff like this. i'll never forget when Bonaroo announced a new band every 10 minutes for a day. i liked that

16. redwing91007

Haha that's so odd. My girlfriend is French Canadian (Quebecoise) and when I told her about him doing the announcement her reaction was "What the fuck, but he's a classy news anchor, the hell is he doing with Rockfest".

Should be interesting. I'll be watching live!

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Curious to see how that press conference thing goes, and who they've booked. Will definitely be watching from my desk here at work...

18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Where can I watch the press conference?

19. redwing91007

Going to be live streaming on the official Facebook page

20. rippybits

Queens of the Stone Age as the headliner

21. deededtheman

Wueens of stone age iggy pop alexisonfire megadeth wu tang bullet for my valentine bad religion afi pennywise good charlotte specials goldfinger reel big fish less than jake face to face anti flag good riddance meshuggah parkway august burns red breakdown of sanity converge pod thats a bunch i got

22. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's petty huge. When is the last time they've played a show?

23. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That's a pretty strong bill thus far, but nothing really special as far as I can tell... Based on this, I'll probably pass on this one.

But I should probably shut my mouth until I see the undercard, haha. They tend to throw in some cool stuff down at the bottom each year.

24. redwing91007

I'm freaking out, this lineup is everything I could have wanted. I'm literally shaking in my chair at work haha. If you guys didn't know Alexisonfire is my absolute favourite band of all time and I really didn't see this coming.

25. rippybits

The last they played was two shows in September of 2015.