Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Montebello Rockfest 2017 (Amnesia Rockfest) Festival • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Oct 18, 2016.

1. rippybits

I have no idea how long this has been up or mentioned anywhere before but the Misfits have one date up for 2017 posted as:
    ??/??/17: TBA

rodkimble likes this.
  2. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

First I've heard of it, interesting

3. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Interesting. I haven't really heard of any rumors around the Misfits but this is really the only festival I could see them getting a headlining slot on. Might make sense? That being said, I think I heard they cleared a million dollars or something for the two Riot Fest shows so not sure that's in the budget for Rockfest with Ramstein already confirmed...

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

We already sold more than half the weekend passes and we're still in January, THANK YOU!!! This will sell out fast this year with Rammstein and the rest of the lineup. Many announcements to come in the next couple weeks, including the unveiling of the secret project. 2017 is already shaping up to be memorable! Tickets: amnesiarockfest.com/en/tickets

5. rippybits

"On Monday night, we'll announce the lineup of our St-Jean opening day! Even though it'll be a stand-alone event, the entry will be free with your weekend pass. All details on Monday."

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

FB_IMG_1486422571758.jpg

7. redwing91007

So that's in no way tempting enough to drag me out there on Thursday night.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

They changed the name to Montebello Rockfest. I don't like it.

9. redwing91007

I guess Amnesia dropped their sponsorship

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I didn't realize it was a sponsor. What does Amnesia do?

11. redwing91007

Retail clothing store in the Montreal area. The festival used to be sponsored by D-Tox which was a similar store until they went bankrupt. I think Amnesia is on a similar path so this doesn't surprise me.

Amnesia

kidinthebushes likes this.
  12. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Anything new? Considering going but dk if it'll be good considering I don't like offspring or rammstein

13. Cmoney86

Trusted

You don't like the offspring or rammstein????? Then you don't like good music and awesome live shows. I saw rammstein last year at Chicago open air and it was one of the best sets I have ever seen in my life and can't can't understand a god damn word they are saying

14. Whatjuliansaid

That's cool, people like different music... it's crazy.

15. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

What do you mean "anything new?". They don't announce the lineup until the 3rd week of March or so. If you like punk and metal music, I'm sure you'll find plenty to like. If not...this definitely isn't your festival.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  16. Whatjuliansaid

That's helpful, ill keep an eye out. Thanks

17. redwing91007

I guess we can count Avenged and Metallica out as potential headliners now

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  18. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

I saw the tour routing but I'm not sure I agree 100%. There's a big gap between Chicago and Orlando that Rockfest fits into. However, they're also playing Montreal. I'm not sure if Rockfest has a similar clause with their artists that Warped and Riot Fest do where they can't announce shows in the area until after the festival though. If that's the case then they definitely would be excluded.

19. redwing91007

Considering they have a date not only in Montreal, but Quebec City and Toronto lead me to believe they won't be there. Maybe Avenged and Volbeat but not Metallica at least.

20. redwing91007

Good Charlotte's Canadian tour is skipping the Montreal area, count them in for Rockfest.

21. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Per their facebook, the lineup will be announced next Wednesday at noon!

22. redwing91007

YAY

I guess we're getting Goldfinger!

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I won't be going but I will be curious to see who gets announced.

24. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

What makes you say that?

25. redwing91007

Well, this is embarrassing. I wasn't really paying much attention to the background music and for some reason confused All I Want by The Offspring with Superman by Goldfinger. I blame my 10 year old, video game playing self. :cringe: