Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Montebello Rockfest 2017 (Amnesia Rockfest) Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Oct 18, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Oct 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I would like to go to this one year but with Riot Fest being right here in Chicago it's tough to pass up.

3. deededtheman

Who do you guys think will play? I think The Offspring, Deftones, Rob Zombie, Descendents, and possibly Metallica and/or Green Day for the bigger acts

4. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

The Offspring seem to be teasing some sort of celebration for the 20th anniversary of Ixnay On The Hombre next year. I could definitely see them playing it in full at this.

5. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

How much is the super early bird/early bird normally?

6. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Not much of a discount. Super early bird saves you $20 from regular price and early bird $10.

7. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Yeah not really worth it IMO. Might as well wait to see the lineup unless you're 100% committed to go. I'd like to go again but the whole planning/weekend was super stressful last year so I'll see what happens.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The Super Early Bird presale is sold out! THANK YOU! The Early Bird presale is now available and you save at least $10 off the regular price. If you use the payment plan, it comes down to 5 installments of only $36. Tickets and info: www.amnesiarockfest.com/en/tickets

9. redwing91007

That was fast. I'm starting to think about booking a place already.

10. rippybits Nov 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2016)
    rippybits

Looks like you can count out Green Day and System of a Down as headliners since their already busy that weekend next year.

Edit: Also the Red Hot Chili Peppers are playing Montreal on June 20th and Ottawa on June 23rd, so their out of the question too.

redwing91007 likes this.
  11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Christmas comes early this year!
    -Next week, we'll announce 2 bands for Rockfest 2017 as a Xmas gift!
    -Offer Rockfest as a Xmas present to your friends and family, THE most awesome gift ever! The person will receive a Rockfest Xmas card by email on the morning of December 25th. You can also print a PDF Xmas card on our website. All info at www.amnesiarockfest.com/en/tickets
    -This week is your LAST CHANCE to use the Early Bird presale! Regular price starts next week. Last call!

12. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Don't really care to speculate but last year I believe they announced BMTH and NOFX? Imagine we'll get similarly-tiered bands in this announcement.

13. rippybits

Last year they gave us two main stage bands, Bring Me the Horizon & NOFX (to perform "Punk in Drublic," which they didn't play) and also Cannibal Corpse and Cokie the Clown (Fat Mike Solo). Then maybe 3 or 4 weeks after that they announced At the Drive-In, which later bailed out last minute.

14. redwing91007

Can't wait for this announcement. Going to take another great lineup for me to convince my friends to get out there again.

15. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

From Montreal?? Haha I've driven with friends from Toronto for the last three years and it's always the best weekend of the summer. Planning on grabbing tickets before Christmas.

16. redwing91007

Haha yeah. It's more the expense of the weekend and the pain in the ass of finding a place to stay. Do you do the camping?

17. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yeah true, it's not a cheap weekend unfortunately. Yes, we camp but we gave up on the general campsite after year 1. We've rented private properties from locals the last couple years and this year was particularly great. Our campsite looked onto the festival grounds so it was very easy to come and go. They also had tables and private washrooms/showers. Problem is that you need to book these places early (likely within the first few months of the year).

18. redwing91007

What I did last year worked out pretty well but I'm not sure if we would be able to swing it again. We rented a place that was about a 40 minute drive away on AirBnB and just drove in and rented a parking spot in a locals driveway.

19. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yeah that could definitely work as well. We like being close to the venue to be able to go back to the campsite to eat or have a couple beers between sets but to each their own.

20. redwing91007

Just being able to get in a nice bed after a shower was essential. Call us princesses if you must haha

SkyGrowsBigger likes this.
  21. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Reminder: The 2 small Xmas surprises will be announced tomorrow at 6pm EST (punk) and 6:30pm EST (metal). Yessir Miller will soil his pants.

redwing91007 likes this.
  22. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Rammstein and The Offspring (performing Ixnay on the Hombre) got announced.

23. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Well then, I may have to go back.

24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Solid announcement but I'm getting a little tired of these full album sets. They already played Americana at Rockfest and they've played Smash at Riot Fest.

25. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

I don't ever remember them announcing a Headliner during the XMAS surprise. Rammstein has to be headlining tho right? Only band I could see over them is if Metallica plays as well.