Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Monster Hunter World Video Game • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Sep 19, 2017.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

im so down, we need better armor for HR anyways so 5 star LR would be just fine. can also confirm that Justins hammer weapon is ugly but it does WORK.

some of the HR armor sets have appeared online and i couldnt stop myself from looking at them and i want them all.

tucah and Shrek like this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

So one of the many downsides of living in Shittown North Carolina is most of the people here have no idea how internet works. There’s road work being done outside of my house, I feel bad for the guys because that’s rough work, but they just drilled through every phone and internet line so now it’s a matter of waiting for them to fix it.

So what I’m saying is idk if I’ll be on tonight but I’ll try my best

Shrek likes this.
  3. CoffeeEyes17

As an aside that’s more pertinent to the game itself, while I’m so so happy that MHW has sold so well and is so well received and has finally earned its place at the top of the action RPG pile im getting really annoyed with all of the clickbait “MOST OP WEAPON IN MONSTER HUNTER WORLD” or “INSANELY strong armor combo INSTA KILL MONSTERS FAST” that’s been going around.

I fully recognize that MHW and other MH games can be very cryptic and challenging but I feel like those types of hyperbolic clickbait vids just lead new players astray. It’s kinda like the Souls series where pretty much all of the weapons and armor are viable and you’re free to be creative. Arekkz, Gaijhin, and Rurikhan are pretty much the only youtube MH content creators I trust and my favorite Warframe YouTuber Brozime is also making MHW streams that are really informative. I guess it comes with the territory of becoming a super popular game but I’m afraid it’s hurting players in the long run who think they HAVE to use a certain weapon type and armor set or else they’ll be excluded from endgame activities.

mescalineeyes, tucah and Shrek like this.
  4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

honestly i've yet to play a Monster Hunter game where "make armor out of the dragon and then when there's a bigger dragon make armor outta that one" is less than a perfectly viable option haha

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

this is exactly why i don't dip into the communities of heavy loot/build based games like this and souls. listen, i know my hammer probably sucks but just let me live in ignorance as i smash things and try and look cool.

CoffeeEyes17 and Shrek like this.
  6. CoffeeEyes17

i mean if we're talking Fashion Hunter tierlist then your hammer is at the very bottom bud im so sorry

im the guy that uses threaded cane in Bloodborne because yeah it may not be the best ever but its stylish and gets the job done

mescalineeyes, tucah and Shrek like this.
  7. CoffeeEyes17

capcom are totally setting this game up for G-Rank btw so thats another 100+ hours right there

tucah and Shrek like this.
  8. Shrek

i need to see this hammer, clearly

keep going im almost there

CoffeeEyes17 and tucah like this.
  9. Shrek

i wonder how they sell G rank on consoles... they can't get away with it being a separate title anymore given the worldwide release. no way. so is it a $20 DLC? $30? i'm buying no matter what, but in a "loot boxes over season passes" world i'm curious as to how it'd sell

10. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i just picked this up at gamestop and traded in a bunch of older games i never touch, only ended up paying 20 dollars.

of course the worker was like "oh come on man, why are you buying it on xbox one?"

YO DUDE MAYBE I HAVE ZERO PSN FRIENDS OK

Shrek likes this.
  11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

and i ain't about paying membership for both consoles.

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

probably too early to speculate (but here i go anyway) - depends on a lot of things really. how extensive do they want to make it? how many monsters will it include, will they include new areas, moves, features or will it be a straight up difficulty DLC with a handful of new monsters? it wouldn't surprise me if they want to put out MHW2 relatively quickly, so do they save things like new maps for that? i think somewhere around $30 makes sense, put it out in a year coupled with a "goty" edition $60 rerelease.

Shrek likes this.
  13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

here's my hammer i hate it

[​IMG]

Shrek and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  14. Shrek

me and ken are on if anyone wants to play

15. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

if anyone else is on xbox, my XBL gamertag is mescalineeyes, though be warned I have literally no idea what I'm doing.

but at least I'm fashion conscious enough not to be running a hammer.

skurt and GrantCloud like this.
  16. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

This needs a photo mode

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Tryna party up tonight or tomorrow?

18. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Looking to party up tonight or tomorrow too

Xbox tho

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. Shrek

def gonna be hunting on ps4 tonight

20. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

Tomorrow probably be best

Cameron likes this.
  21. CoffeeEyes17

fuck nergigante thats all

22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

after the periodic appearances i'm excited that i'm almost at the point where i can fuck up a nergigante

23. Shrek

Anthony_, CoffeeEyes17 and tucah like this.
  24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

getting on right now

25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Hi there feather duster

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.