Monster Hunter World Video Game • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Sep 19, 2017.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Anthony_ likes this.
  2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i think i've settled on crushing skulls with a hammer but fooling around with the switchaxe yesterday was also fun and it's hard to turn back on hundreds of hours with longswords

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  3. Shrek

leave the loop, walk the maze Prestigious

been maining Swaxe since 4U and it ain't about to change lol. grinded out 4/5 of the Rathian gear last night. HR8 amongst a lot of **** quests lol, a lot of grinding before progressing

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  4. CoffeeEyes17

ive put 40 hours into this fucking game now and i dont see myself stopping anytime soon

Shrek likes this.
  5. Shrek

i'm at that number but how much of that is idle time and actually playing is anyone's guess haha. v excited to play more after work.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  6. Shrek

some random thoughts because i am bored:
    • it's a bummer that there is only one set/style of armor per creature, as opposed to the multiple styles in past games. there're no longer sets that are tailored to specific play styles.
    • the fact the herb is just a button press to make a potion is funny.
    • i still haven't adjusted to the new icon colors for shock/pitfall traps and can never find them
    • palicoes are more helpful than ever. me and my roommate favor 2 people sessions w/ palicoes over 3-4 person sessions without
    • vigorwasps are wonderful! using them more than i am potions, it seems
    • certainly feels a little easier, but i'm also doing a LOT more grinding/gearing up than i am messing with main story.
    • best locales in the series. coral highlands is a highlight - i just kept being able to climb that fucking thing, and getting to the top and encountering (and almost killing!) the Legiana on my first expedition was wonderful
    • drop rates are much better than 4U/Gen

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

yep agree with all of this so far. the QoL changes they've made are smart, the palicos are genuinely useful and make soloing easier. i kind of agree that 2 players + 2 palicos is the way to go but the most fun i've had in the game so far was a super tense 3 player fight with diablos last night. would definitely like more armor sets and obviously could always use more monsters even though i haven't seen them all. this is a fantastic (re)start for the series on consoles, post-DLC/G version/World 2 is going to be really special once they start to build upon the base here to match the vast quantity of content in the later handheld games.

CoffeeEyes17 and Shrek like this.
  8. Shrek

did you kill the Diablos? we tried to fight one in an expedition yesterday but it fled the locale, so bummed

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

yep, took a few tries (we were doing the story mission where you have to kill it) but we did. down to the last life too, lots of close calls and @CoffeeEyes17 was on his last try for the night. but we did it!

10. Shrek

need to play with ya'll more clearly

CoffeeEyes17 and tucah like this.
  11. CoffeeEyes17

that was so tense but so fun. made me realize i needed to change my armor though, girros is great fashion but its kind of bad unless youre a horn user.

meanwhile the Odogaron set is busted

12. I Am Mick

I AM GRAVE BUG Prestigious

It's so fucking entertaining watching two monsters fight. I'm still super early in the game but watching a Rathalos just pick up an Anjanath and fly away with it has been the highlight of my year

Shrek, CoffeeEyes17 and tucah like this.
  13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i saw the opposite last night and it blew my mind - a rathalos was weak from the fight i was in with it, an anjanath came and sparred with it a bit, the rathalos started to fly away and the anjanath jumped up, bit its tail and dragged it back down to the ground. it was amazing.

Shrek and I Am Mick like this.
  14. CoffeeEyes17

I was telling some people last night in PSN about this but I’ll tell everyone else too, speaking of monster interactions.

I’m sure you’ve all seen the Kulu Ya Kus by now, they’re the chicken looking things that dig up rocks and steal eggs and shit. Well I was minding my business in Wildspire Waste mining and keeping an eye on the roaming Diablos nearby. All of a sudden a Kulu Ya Ku runs up to the Diablos with a rock and THROWS IT at him then runs the fuck away, causing the Diablos to aggro onto me.

I laughed so hard I had to put my controller down

I Am Mick and tucah like this.
  15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

hows dis

16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

aw yeah HR quests, now the real grind begins

Shrek and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  17. CoffeeEyes17

I just got to HR as well

tucah likes this.
  18. Shrek

i am much further behind you all haha. i just completed the Rathian set and am close to having my first blue sharp swaxe. i have done a LOT of grinding. i'm def ready to plow through some story though, did a couple last night and absolutely destroyed the missions

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  19. CoffeeEyes17

Cam we miss u well i miss u and i cant wait 2 hunt monsters with you

high rank is wild we got our asses kicked by this Legiana last night.

Shrek and tucah like this.
  20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

now that it's 12 hours later i can admit that i was mostly watching wrestling while fighting that legiana and not really paying attention okay sorry we'll get it next time

*runs away like that legiana ran away last night*

Shrek likes this.
  21. Shrek

if either of you two want to slow your roll and hunt some 5* stuff with me lmk :heart:

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i will! i need to grind lower level stuff because i need a new weapon because as it turns out the later rank of the weapon i was using is FUCKING UGLY

23. Shrek

nice. i'll be on most of the night, just gotta figure out what i wanna go after. should prob just power through main quests until i can't

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  24. Shrek

also i always am set to "Appear Offline" because my ex always sends me party invites and it makes me uncomfortable so if you think i'm offline and it's between 6-10 pm you're prob wrong lol

CoffeeEyes17 and tucah like this.
  25. tucah

not champ Prestigious

yeah, honestly you should just power through main quests until you get to HR