Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Monster Hunter World Video Game • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Sep 19, 2017.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Oh I see now Anthony is online and DECIDED NOT TO PLAY WITH ME

Shrek likes this.
  2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

gonna get back on in 5 minutes, let's party?

Shrek and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

let’s do it. A1 discord?

4. CoffeeEyes17

THESE MONSTERS AINT READY

yo the motherfucking Diablos showed up in my expedition and absolutely fucked me

Shrek likes this.
  5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i am not very far be warned

6. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Played through a couple missions. Really enjoying it and upgrading my Palico's stuff. Got him a big sword now (for him anyway).

Still need to adjust better that the square button isn't an attack button like in most actiony games.

Shrek likes this.
  7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

So can you not replay the assigned hunts? I'm still early in the game but all of my optional hunts/investigations are Great Jagrus and I'm fucking bored of fighting them. Sometimes I just want to put on a podcast and grind a bit, want to fight something different

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just from the 2 hours I played the beginning does seem very grind-y. Though in a good way cuz I love upgrading my stuff at the smithy

9. CoffeeEyes17

as you continue through the assigned hunts youll discover new monsters to fight. make sure youre picking up the tracks/mucus/etc they leave behind even if youve already found them, that research will unlock new investigations for you to do. just keep pushing through the main story and eventually youll have a ton of different monsters to grind. investigations are probably the best way to do it but just going out on an expedition is fine too, the only downside is monsters randomly come and go as they please so it can be hard to pin one down.
    soon youll hit a point where youll stick with what you have until more things unlock, but yeah its a very good grind. the biggest power leap for me so far was unlocking elemental weapons.

also just so everyone knows definitely make sure youre doing bounties and upgrading your armor consistently. that extra 2/4/6 defense number bump is pretty huge despite how paltry it seems.

Cameron likes this.
  10. CoffeeEyes17

glad theyre keeping the tradition of weird crossover DLC

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Holy shit, the first(?) Zhora Magdaros sequence is incredible

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  12. CoffeeEyes17

Nice to see PSN is still being a pain in the ass

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

When psn is working, we need to play together dude. This is Brett btw

Cameron likes this.
  14. CoffeeEyes17

im 20 hours in and i cant stop this game will ruin my life but thats ok

Shrek likes this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m trying to wipe my backlog(almost done with Persona/South Park/TEW2) before I truly dive in.

Makoto likes this.
  16. CoffeeEyes17

looks like Charge Blade is dominating the meta right now. Its a swiss army knife, high damage in charge blade mode, mobility, quick attacks, and blocking in sword and shield mode. really cant go wrong using it. its a jack of all trades and also a master of all trades.

that said, im shocked at how well balanced all of the weapons are. like yeah Charge Blade is definitely the "best" but none of the weapons are bad or even mediocre. the hammer is surprisingly quick for a giant hammer, the dual blades are great at applying status/elements, both lances are great for tanking, the Hunting Horn is by yards the best support weapon in the game, even the ranged weapons have a lot of value to them and are incredibly powerful in certain situations.

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I've only ever used a longsword and all the other weapons seem so daunting

18. CoffeeEyes17

dont be afraid to branch out! theres a training room now, you can access it through your player home, feel free to go in there and try some other weapons out.

that said the longsword is a great weapon ofc, the only real downside is that it can be an absolute pain to coop with since you end up knocking your allies around a lot.

19. tucah

not champ Prestigious

you trying to say something about my co-op play

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  20. CoffeeEyes17

Nah you are wonderful

@Anthony_ on the other hand....

tucah likes this.
  21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

MY PALICO NOW LOOKS LIKE A HORIZON ENEMY THING AND HE'S ADORABLE

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  22. CoffeeEyes17

grinded out the Girros armor set so now i look like a hunter from Bloodborne

the Switch Axe is becoming my favorite weapon now, i didnt see that coming. i really thought id main dual swords but tbh they dont feel like theyre killing fast enough. im sure once i upgrade them to have elemental effects on them theyll bump up in power but for right now im loving the SA

23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Is anyone else having trouble signing in?
    Charge Blade*

24. CoffeeEyes17

no im not using the Charge Blade im using the actual axe weapon called the Switch Axe ya dweeb

25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Charge Blade*