Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Monster Hunter World Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Sep 19, 2017.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

60h before the endgame is actually kinda on the short side considering the recent MHs hah

electro haikus likes this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i'd imagine that number is ignoring a ton of side quests

3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

it also wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't as much content (not that there won't be plenty of course), considering new engine/consoles + it's not the G/Ultimate version like we've been getting

4. Shrek

i read there's about 28 big monsters, prob 35 with DLC. this game will benefit in terms of replayability by letting every quest be played multiplayer too

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

but yes, i will also be on 90% of the weekend starting late tomorrow night, boyfriend's off visiting family so outside of carving out a match of DBZ here and there and the breaks for wrestling saturday/sunday night it's all MH all weekend.

Joe4th and electro haikus like this.
  6. tucah

not champ Prestigious

that's...far less than i expected. you're right though, tons of replayability so it'll be fine.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Pun intended?

8. Anthony_

Isn't all the DLC going to be free as well? Wasn't it all free on the handhelds?

9. Shrek

yep and yep!

10. Anthony_

11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Game is preloaded and ready to go.

Anthony_ and electro haikus like this.
  12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I read this. Might be useful:

Just wanted to offer a few quick setup tips for the Options menu that may improve your overall enjoyment for this and when the full came is upon us in one week, 2 hours and 38 minutes! This is all IMO of course, but definitely stuff to consider.

Important

Controls tab -> Radial Menu Settings ->Change to Type 2
    Item Control Settings ->
    Change to Type 2

This was a huge one for me; you use the radial menu by holding L1 and pointing the right stick to select items MUCH faster than in previous games, but the default setting has you select by letting go of the stick, which feels weird and made me choose items accidentally a bunch. Type 2 means clicking R3 to select when the item you want is highlighted. Then, the default to switch between your four radial menus was the D-pad while holding L1 which was similarly awkward. Type 2 makes it L1 + face buttons to switch, which again is just nicer on the hands and becomes very natural over time.

Once you are familiar with the radial menu and the items you get access to in the beta, you can also pick Customize Radial Menu from Game Settings tab to tailor what you have quick access to.

Less Important

Camera tab -> Camera Style -> Target Camera
    Target Settings -> Large Monsters only

The default setting has tapping L1 lock on and automatically follow any monster in your crosshairs which doesn't feel particularly natural to me. This setup will reorient your camera to center on boss monsters only when tapping it, without locking on. In all honesty however, I essentially never use this at all. 95% of the time I manually control the camera with the stick.

Camera tab -> Second page -> Camera distance -> Far

This just moves the camera back a bit from your character, improving your FoV, which can at times save your life.

Anthony_, tucah and electro haikus like this.
  13. Shrek

thanks! i'm pumped

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  14. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

reviews are pouring in, overwhelmingly positive reactions so far.

we finally get to see our little cult classic MH become a titan in the gaming industry and im so excited.

UNFORTUNATELY i prob wont be able to play until next week because, well, unemployed and i gotta eat at some point.

15. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Cleaned out my car and found a bunch of money, also sold two old games.

Friends, I will see you in the hunt tomorrow

Joe4th, Anthony_, Shrek and 1 other person like this.
  16. Anthony_

Yasssssss

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

All of my friends are waiting for the PC release, (I have PS4 and PC for gaming) and Shadow Of The Colossus comes out next week and I'm broke but I also feel like I should just bite the bullet and buy it anyway ugh

Anthony_ likes this.
  18. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Never played an MH. I'm gonna be so lost.

19. Shrek

jumping on now and will be on pretty much all day, shoot me an invite if you nasty

Joe4th likes this.
  20. Anthony_

I only managed to play the first hour last night before I started crashing so I didn't make any real progress beyond the initial training mission. The game feels great though, and it's one of the most graphically impressive titles I've ever experienced. Really like the rudimentary graphical settings you can fiddle with on PS4 Pro as well. I'll be on later tonight to press forward.

tucah likes this.
  21. Shrek

game is great, voice acting and dialogue are real bad

tucah likes this.
  22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

the little bits we got in the beta were not good, this doesn't surprise me. think i might just put it in monster hunter language.

CoffeeEyes17 and Shrek like this.
  23. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Is this worth pickimg up?

24. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

skurt likes this.
  25. Shrek

of all the days for psn to go down