Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Monster Hunter World Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Sep 19, 2017.

1. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

OHHH I didn't even know a beta was happening! Will definitely try to get in on that.

electro haikus likes this.
  2. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

This game looks fantastic.

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Glad to know the beta is happening, might try that out.

4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

for the beta, progress does not carry over but completing quests unlocks "useful items" in the main game. par for the course for demo carryover is stuff like potions, honey, traps.

tucah likes this.
  5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i really can't wait to feel how this plays

6. GBlades

Trusted

I have never been more invested or excited to play a game. Monster Hunter is a series I wish i could have gotten into but wasn't big on handheld, so glad it's coming to console and my PS4 will need to work through the long hours for me to grind on this. See you all in the beta!

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Just did the beginning hunt. Seems very streamlined and beginner friendly though obviously that might be the difficulty. It feels really good to be playing this with a controller I enjoy using instead of cramped on a 3DS and it looks good (the Palicos are cute af now).

electro haikus and skurt like this.
  9. GBlades

Trusted

Hows everyone finding the beta?

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  10. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

love it. its very much in line with other MH betas IE monsters have reduced health, you take less damage, its 3 tiers of difficulty to get you accustomed to the game, its great. the gameplay is smooth and while it was weird at first i got my groove and i think its pretty fantastic

11. Shrek

pros:
    • beautiful
    • lots of environmental detail that's never been possible til this point, given 3U was the last console iteration (and it looked like total shit, even on WiiU). I passed by a busy hill of ants and was like "woah" lol
    • monster interaction at an all time high, a lot of Rathalos attacking the Anjanath and Anjanath attacking the Jagras
    • high mobility, i felt that while you couldn't exactly climb everywhere that the next climbable point was never far
    • a lot of ways from point A to point B
    • hit boxes are better, and there's no more passing through a monster's model.
    cons:
    • the scout flies are okay but i miss paintballs. they were annoying in the end but it added more to the fight, and realizing mid-fight no one brought more paintballs is a monhun tradition lol
    • combat being bound to triangle and circle was weird but i'm sure we can customize that in retail version to some degree
    • the lack of a touch screen was huge. navigating my item bar with physical buttons when i had so many hotkeys and stuff mapped to the touch screen felt ancient and long. i can scarcely think of a solution to this but it was the biggest advantage of the handheld versions.
    • it's not monster hunter without gear crafting. was this actually in the beta? in hunt two, i got the npc dialogue that said "bring this to camp and improve your gear", but i couldn't find a way to do it...
    overall a good time and i'm ready af for retail

skurt and Joe4th like this.
  12. Shrek

oh, and the "finishers" you get for mounting a monster for a minute or so were awesome. elemental discharge 4 life.

skurt likes this.
  13. Shrek

also an interesting point was the larger map and "open world" aspects didn't affect the gameplay loop at all. still felt like there were invisible zones that made escape easy, although some of the monsters ran much further away.

Joe4th and skurt like this.
  14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

not a big shock, they had previously mentioned/hinted that the pc version wouldn't actually be given full attention until the console release was done/close to finished but that's still a significant time difference

15. Shrek

#consoleplebmasterrace

16. Shrek

framerate? more like framelate!

tucah and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  17. Shrek

4K? more like next May!

18. Shrek

unlocked overclocked? more like i've beaten before you've bought!

19. tucah

not champ Prestigious

resolution? more like resolushunned from getting to play for six months

CoffeeEyes17 and electro haikus like this.
  20. CoffeeEyes17

you two are in top form this morning

tbh MH is one of few games id want to play on a controller anyways. i cant wait to slay some monsters and craft all of the badass looking armor sets.

tucah and electro haikus like this.
  21. Shrek

i took off the friday and monday of that weekend, let's kill shit

CoffeeEyes17, tucah and skurt like this.
  22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

That's Rumble weekend too, right? between MH, Dragonball FighterZ and that I'm not leaving my apartment at all.

electro haikus and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  23. CoffeeEyes17

LETS DO IT BUDDY THOSE MONSTERS WONT KNOW WHAT HIT EM

idk what weapon im going to main yet

24. Shrek

you fucking bet dude. also stoked for FighterZ, my roommate's buying that one and i'm buying MHW

i love my swaxe so much but i'm tempted to go Glaive

tucah likes this.
  25. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Played mostly Long Sword in Gen so I'll probably stick with that for a while but I do want to fuck around with different weapon types more.