Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Monster Hunter World Video Game • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Sep 19, 2017.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

yeah, tiny bit burned out here too. i finished the story, have all but one piece of my ideal hammer set, have the rank 8 hammer i want. think i'm gonna take a break for a little bit and play some stuff that i've been neglecting (celeste and dbfz) and come back to mhw this weekend.

skurt, Nate_Johnson and Shrek like this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

ive officially hit the 100 hour mark. now the actual game begins!

real talk fuck you Nergigante

Shrek likes this.
  3. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Grabbed this because peer pressure and such. Played for a solid 7 hours on Saturday and I'm very much enjoying it, maybe more than I anticipate as someone who tried but couldn't quite grasp the 3DS titles. Been rocking the dual blades so far and I love how fast-paced the combat actually is - I went into it expecting the "heft" of DS/BB kind of combat, but playing with these makes everything feel speedy and slick. Excited to get through the story and into the "meat" of the game - most of my friends are leaps and bounds ahead of me, so really just trying to catch up at this point.

skurt, Shrek and Nate_Johnson like this.
  4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

[​IMG]

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I finally started this last night

I feel like I'm really bad at it haha I tried out the katana and the twin blades, I was definitely better with the twin blades I think. It's a fun game, I just feel like I'm not great at it at all

CoffeeEyes17, tucah and Shrek like this.
  6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

lmk when you’re on next, I love tearing through earlier game stuff with high rank gear lol

tucah and Joe4th like this.
  7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

yep, i'll do low level stuff with you too @Joe4th , testing out weapons i've never really used but wanted to try out (ranged + insect glaive) will be fun when i can barely be damaged in my endgame armor.

Joe4th likes this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

WE GONNA WHIP YOU INTO SHAPE SON MESSAGE ANY OF US AND WE WILL HELP YOU BECAUSE FRIENDGAME IS MOST IMPORTANT

Joe4th likes this.
  9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I think I’m missing something, I can’t find the eververse in the town

10. CoffeeEyes17

gotta pay 20 bucks for the eververse, or the Hunter Supply Station, to show up and then another 60 for it to open for you. after that each package contains random cosmetics as well as various turds belonging to the different monsters. you can polish these turds into gems for your gear but polishing them costs 20 bucks a pop.

Joe4th likes this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So I don’t fully grasp the upgrade nodes in this game. I thought if I have the right materials all I need to do is reroll to the base node to go to another tree? Right now I have the iron assault which I upgraded to the jagras assault I, but want to make the bone shooter 3. It says I have all the right material. Though when I re roll to iron assault it won’t let me start the bone tree....

12. CoffeeEyes17

You have to craft a bone weapon and go from there. Certain base weapons can only go to certain nodes. You can just make a bone weapon by going to “forge weapon” and making one. There’s iron, bone, black steel, and some have a 4th option. Those are your baselines and then you upgrade from there.

Cameron likes this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ok that makes sense thanks

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm pretty sure somebody already answered this for me but I forget

I don't understand Investigations. I just entered High Rank. I still only have the same Great Jagrus investigations from the beginning of the game. Do I just have to keep doing them until there's zero remaining and I'll get new ones?

15. CoffeeEyes17

Go to the resource center and click “manage investigations” there should be a bunch of new ones for you. Generally killing a monster, getting its tracks, and capturing them will give you investigations for them

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Is that the same place I register bounties/deliveries?

17. CoffeeEyes17

Yep!

I Am Mick likes this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So essentially to my question earlier, I have to forge a bone shooter 1 instead of trying to upgrade my assault shooter to a bone shooter 2? I think it’s just confusing cuz they show all the nodes on the same upgrade menu. So I assume I can upgrade back and forth, but in reality you can’t.

19. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Might be a dumb question:
    Can i like salvage/dismantle my old gear for materials back/armor spheres so just sell for money?
    This is my first Monster Hunter game, still getting used to the mechanics.

20. CoffeeEyes17

Right. You’ll see the little lines connecting the upgrades and that shows what paths they can follow.
    You can sell them but you won’t get materials back. Armor spheres are easy to get just do your bounties constantly

skurt likes this.
  21. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Cool. Thanks.

Nate_Johnson and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Are there any good stat/gear videos to watch???

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That skill up vid posted recently was informative

24. CoffeeEyes17

Arekkz, Mtashed, and gaijin hunter are all good. gaijin and Arekkz are pretty exclusively MH vets, Mtashed is a former Destiny player but he makes good builds and generally good tips.

Nate_Johnson and Cameron like this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ll check ‘em out

Nate_Johnson likes this.