Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Monster Hunter World Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

PLATFORMS: PS4, Xbox One, PC
    RELEASE DATE: January 26, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One), TBA (PC)

Release date just confirmed at TGS along with a slew of info regarding special editions and preorders, all pertaining to Japan only at the moment.

Japan's collector's edition:

[​IMG]

Japan-exclusive PS4 Pro:

[​IMG]

2. Shrek

I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED! This is for myself and many others the equivalent of the Destiny 2 hype.

I need that collectors edition and that PS4 Pro.

I also need a chorus PS4 guild to grind out parts with! AAAHHHH

3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Can't wait, gonna feel good to play Monster Hunter with a proper controller.

That PS4 is amazing too.

electro haikus likes this.
  4. Shrek

TGS footage of newest build, looks phenomenal

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I’ve never played a MH game before but this looks good

6. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I do still kinda wish we were getting XX Switch but I can't be mad when we're getting an all new game that looks so so good.

7. Shrek

You will play, Joe, and you will fucking like it.
    • It's got some of the Destiny RNG characteristics, but (for me) more satisfying. You carve 2-3 items off a monster once you kill it, and you need certain parts from certain monsters to make weapons/armor. So, if you need a Zinogre tail to make a sword, focusing on it's tail in combat ups the RNG of getting that part in your favor
    • All content is playable solo or multiplayer, no PvP, only PvE
    • All DLC is 100% free, no season pass, although it seems they will sell skins a la Overwatch/every 2017 game
    • There is no leveling whatsoever, all stats are determined by gear and skill

tucah and Joe4th like this.
  8. Shrek

I hope we may still get it as a $40 Switch title after MHW has gotten it's first year of sales in

tucah likes this.
  9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I definitely will pick this up, it looks right up my alley. I think I’ve always been intimidated by MH and have avoided it

10. Shrek

Paris Game Week news:
    • PS4 exclusive beta available to PS+ members starting December 9th. No beta to come for Xbone or PC.
    • Aloy from Horizon: Zero Dawn is a fully playable character exclusive to PS4. From the looks of things, it's more than just an armor set: it uses her full in-game model.
    Looks like I'll be picking up a PS4 before 12/9

Joe4th likes this.
  11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I am very excited for this game.

Joe4th and electro haikus like this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I want to give this a try, but I really didn't like the one I had for the 3DS. The controls felt clunky and I got bored. PS4 might make it a bit easier for me on the control front.

13. Shrek

which one? 3U handled real poorly on 3ds, and from 4U on they've eliminated a lot of the clunkier encounters (no more swimming/water hunts)

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It had to be 3U. The swimming thing frustrated me to no end. And that was like the first hunt. Bleh.

15. Shrek

yep, i'm a MH enthusiast and i put less than 2 hours into 3U. the newer games are way better at focusing on what they do best.

16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I played one of the Portables and 3U on 3DS and ranged from hating/disliking my time with both. For some reason I gave it a third shot with Generations and adored it despite the fact controlling it on the 3DS was less than ideal. It's not a game for everyone - lots of grinding for materials, even if they've sped it up the combat is still slow paced, monster fights can take a long time, etc. but it's one of the most addicting experiences for me. Finally killing a monster after fighting it for an extended period of time is so satisfying. The tweaks they're making to make the game friendlier and the fact it's on something I'll still enjoy controlling after a couple hours should make this one so, so good.

17. Shrek

plus
    • no lootboxes
    • no season pass
    • dlc is cosmetics
    capcom drops the ball in a lot of ways, and i'm grateful that monhun is the shining exception

tucah likes this.
  18. tucah

not champ Prestigious

[​IMG]

it's beautiful

19. Shrek

ugh inject this into muh veinsss

20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Two areas and three monsters in the beta. Not bad.

21. Shrek

i wonder if any progress carries over. would love to start the proper game with three completed armor sets.

22. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

4U frustrated me to no end. Never quite figured out the best way to track a monster down and just never really progressed. Loved the concept, but couldn't make it work in my favor. This, however, looks fantastic.

23. Shrek

for tracking monsters, you basically just run through the zones until you find them, then you hit them with a paintball so you can track them on your map. are you going to be a ps4 player?

24. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Yeah, I didn't find out about the paintball thing until much too late, unfortunately. Maybe I'll give it another run one of these days.

And yep, PS4 or PC, but have a feeling I'll go PS4 for convenience/playerbase.

25. Shrek

beta with us!