Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moneen Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kpatrickwood, Apr 11, 2016.

1. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Agreed, the Red Tree shows were outstanding, and they have the type of stage chemistry that seemingly allows them to get back together for shows and play like it's still 2007.

I couldn't be more excited for going tomorrow night!

2. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I wish this band would just ditch seas and get back together and release new music.

troyplaysbass and airik625 like this.
  3. KyleK

I would enjoy (although don't feel entitled to) some insight into their relative lack of activity since TWIWTLB. Though I know they've all had a lot of different things on the go, and I need to remind myself sometimes that Moneen isn't as popular as I think they are (or deserve to be).

4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Tokyo Police Club opening tonight.

5. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I'm going tomorrow night. I'm really hoping for Attack in Black or Alexisonfire to open.

6. KyleK

Not who I might have expected, though I realize how big they've been in the Canadian scene - just always been a blind spot of mine.

7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Yeah it is kinda surprising but at the same time both bands and all their related projects are on Dine Alone Records so it does make sense from that standpoint I guess.

8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I really hope we get more Bridges one day.

.K. and airik625 like this.
  9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  10. KyleK

Listening to them now, and I actually hear some similarities that make them a stylistic fit too, especially their early albums. But I think as you said, it has a lot to do with their label associations and likely friendship.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Yeah for sure cool that they are even friends at all I didn't know but this confirms it:

12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

If anyone is going and can manage to pick me up one of those exclauive tour vinyl, I would be greatly appreciated. Shoot me a PM.

13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Yeah really wish they would put those up for sale online. That variant is so gorgeous.

14. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Chokeyo Moneen Club

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I love that they do this.

16. CrumbDonuts4Me

I miss this band. The Red Tree is untouchable.

17. KyleK

Such an incredibly memorable night. It's great to see them on stage and having so much fun together - and they really seemed humbled and joyous to have such big and impassioned crowds.

Highlights included:
    - Eric joining Choke to front a Refused cover
    - The crowd singing the opening lines of the title track acapella
    - Dallas super casually singing the first verse of Tonight, I'm Gone
    - Kenny out in the crowd for Passing

18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

What was the Refused cover?

Was Dallas on stage with them?

19. mynamesgeneric

Regular

20. KyleK

The cover was Worms of the Senses/Faculties of the Skull. Was pretty cool to see Eric let loose and be the centre of attention - and he had some solid screaming pipes.

And yeah, he came out on stage with no pomp or ceremony, in a toque with his hood up, sang the first verse, and then just sauntered back off stage. I think everyone just had a double-take, and struck me that he didn't want to take attention away from them. I always loved the Switcheroo cover.

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Listened to alot of moneen the past few days. Records are still as good as when they came out. Wish they would do an EP or something for old times sake, or Kenny would do a full Br/dges EP.

22. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Was not aware that this existed, but it's excellent.

23. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I remember LOVING the red tree but was disappointed with the world I want to leave, worth going back to give it another listen? Red Tree was just a huge record

KidLightning likes this.
  24. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I find it to be an album that has aged well.

25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I like all their records.