Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moneen to Release ‘The Red Tree’ Box Set

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Moneen will be doing a 10-year anniversary box set for The Red Tree. The band will be playing the album in full on January 7th at Lee’s Palace in Toronto — that will be the first opportunity to buy the box set.

The Red Tree anniversary box set features the album pressed on exclusive clear vinyl and includes 2 bonus tracks not available on the original release. Also included in the box is a 7” featuring 2 additional bonus tracks, a cassette with home-recorded demos and our DVD “It All Started With A Red Stripe” – all housed in a hand-painted and numbered box, limited to 300 copies.

2. Nick Martin

There are no answers. Only choices.

Please do a tour. Please oh please oh please.

j0hnnyrt and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  3. ANTEMASQUE

I want this. Now.

4. tape_deck_heart

Toronto isn't a bad drive for me, but I don't know anyone else who likes Moneen :(

5. GrandAce

This album is amaaaaaaaazing

6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Such an underrated band, this record is stupid good.

7. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I like hearing about these guys doing stuff. Feel like I haven't heard from them since AOF's farewell tour.

8. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I didn't know I needed this until now

9. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I NEED ALL THIS

10. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Do they plan on recording/releasing any new material? Just curios if anyone's heard anything.

11. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Love this album. I'd buy a repress.

12. latortuga

Regular

Really great album, good for them!

13. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Odd how they just pop up from time to time doing one-off local or festival sets, usually with little or no notice. This is the most formal thing they've done in years, not including the vinyl release of Are We Really Happy... a couple years back (which didn't include a show/tour). Admittedly, they all have a lot of projects on the go.
    I've no idea how fast the tickets are going to sell, so I won't risk it and will be ready at noon tomorrow to nab some!

14. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I saw them on tour when they came to Philly earlier this year. Then I saw Kenny perform with Say Anything (he's in their tour lineup!). Now I might have to go for a trifecta and see them in Toronto.

I love Moneen. :)

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  15. joshuaharris

I would love so much to see these guys live.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  16. Dan O'Neill

Regular

If you ever have the chance, don't miss out. They're so good live.

17. KyleK

They're truly one of the best live bands in our scene as far as I'm concerned, and it is too bad more people didn't experience them live when they were on the road steadily, because it really makes you appreciate their amazing music even more.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  18. KyleK

The January 7th show sold out in less than a minute (thankfully I was one of the people who managed to score tickets in that minute), and they promptly announced a second show on the 6th (which I suspect has sold out since as well). Great to see so much local enthusiasm for Moneen and the album's anniversary!

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  19. HalfHearted

Regular

98% positive my girlfriend got me tickets to this for my Christmas present, can't wait for this. Absolutely one of the best live bands I've had the pleasure of seeing.

joshuaharris likes this.