Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Molly's Game (Aaron Sorkin,December 25,2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 10, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

also stars Kevin Costner, Idris Elba, Michael Cera, Jeremy Strong, Chris O’Dowd and Bill Camp

[​IMG]

Jessica Chastain on 'Molly's Game,' Poker, and Idris Elba

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

4. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing this in an hour.

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

God, Chastain is incredible.

6. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

This is solid. Sorkin's choices as a director are pretty bland but the script is fast and fun. Chastain is great.

jkauf likes this.
  7. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

How is everyone seeing this so early?

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It just premiered at TIFF.

9. I got to see an early screening of this in July. People are talking about it now so I guess it's cool to share my thoughts. Didn't find anything particularly memorable about the directing, but the script is sharp in typical Sorkin fashion. Chastain is great and will likely get an Oscar nom. I'm not even into poker, but the poker scenes were my favorite. I think I prefer Sorkin's previous work, mostly because those movies usually had better directors, but this is a fine directorial debut.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

11. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

That was a great trailer.

12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

This is going to be so good.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

They moved this to around christmas time

14. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

So this is actually pretty wild. I overheard one of my co-workers today talking about this movie. I work in a cardiology office and we have a psychologist that comes in on Fridays, none other than the Larry Bloom, the father in the movie/book. I've never met the guy though, I work in IT so i'm usually only interacting with others when something is wrong. What a small ass world

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Definitely could've use some trimming and I wonder how much better it would've been with someone else directing, but still highly enjoyable despite its flaws.

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Very solid movie. I can't add much outside of what has been said already in here. Great script, which is par for the course, and the directing is fine but unimaginative. Chastain and Elba were as good as you'd expect. I certainly recommend it.

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I thought this was really good. Jessica Chastain and Idris Elba were phenomenal.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

of course Sorkin found a way to include references to James Joyce, Arthur Miller and Robert Frost in this
    Jessica Chastain and Idris Elba were great and had great chemistry, I know them kissing would have been antithetical to the story but still c'mon they should kiss
    I was also impressed with how much young Molly looked like Jessica
    Chris O'Dowd and Michael Cera were fun too, even if I kept getting distracted thinking about how Tobey Maguire had that much money, like I get that he was Spider-Man but still
    Amy Pascal producing this was a nice touch

20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This was a very good, if mostly unremarkable film. Jessica Chastain was great, and I really enjoyed Idris Elba and Michael Cera in this, but most of it was kinda run of the mill.

21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I thought this was fantastic. Chastain was great, and Elba just absolutely killed it.

Are we supposed to know who any of the poker players were?

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Michael Cera was almost definitely playing Tobey Maguire and the Yankee was A Rod

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Tobey!? Haha wow, can’t picture him as this high stake poker player. That’s wild.

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

According to the interwebs, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Macaulay Culkin, Ben Affleck and Pete Sampras were some of the other big names that played at her games.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  25. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Jessica and idris are insaaaaaanely good in this.