Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modest Mouse Band • Page 19

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 7, 2016.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

certainly sounds like modest mouse.

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

According to Setlist.Fm, they played Poison the Well eight times in...2011.

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yeah it's been around for a while I feel like

4. bedwettingcosmo

lol

5. Kuri44

Love this song

6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

just want to reaffirm how fucking good "Wicked Campaign" is

Mary V likes this.
  7. Blech, that's my least favorite on that album lol it always reminded me of The Killers in a bad way

Rowan5215 likes this.
  8. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

...surely you don't like "Pistol" more than anything else on there right

riotspray likes this.
  9. pistol is so bad

riotspray and Rowan5215 like this.
  10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Oh shit, I never noticed the A. Cunanan subtitle on Pistol. I get that way more after American crime story lol.

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Pistol is fine. It got such a polarizing reaction which I’m sure is what the band intended.

12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I don’t mind it

13. it was an interesting swing to take, it just did not work at all lol.

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Pistol is so ridiculous that it’s good.

Mary V, sukottokairu, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  15. Yeah I like Pistol. It's weird and wild enough to work for me

16. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

I'm not saying that "Pistol" is good, but I can't imagine seeing it live and not having the absolute best time.

marioeatworld and imthesheriff like this.
  17. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Pistol and coyotes are so bad bad. The Ground walks and lampshades are fun. I like tortoise cause it reminds me of a continuation of The Whale Song which is an amazing jam

18. sukottokairu

Regular

so glad poison the well is finally out, they played it along with lampshades on fire, as the first two new songs of the last record cycle, and when poison the well wasn't on strangers to ourselves, i was definitely upset. sounds like they reworked the song a bit, and the recording came out pretty great, i love the crunchy guitar tones and the harmonics. only disappointment is that heavy bridge after the drum and bass part, was shortened quite a bit. it sounds really cool especially with that weird keyboard part, but could have been a couple measures longer haha. but, the song definitely has some replay value, its short and sweet! wonder if this will be on the next record or if its more of a b-side?

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Coyotes rules wtf

20. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The girl I was dating at the time was in art school around when Good News For People Who Love Bad News came out. I really liked that album a ton, especially “Ocean Breathes Salty”, and I can specifically remember her seeing the CD in my car and commenting on how much better The Lonesome Crowded West and The Moon & Antarctica were. Now I had never heard either of those albums and had only heard Modest Mouse altogether when their shit blew up with “Float On” being all over the radio but I wanted to seem cool. I can’t remember what I said but it was something lame and dumb about Newbury Comics only having the new CD and not the older better ones when I went. She ended up getting me those two CDs as a gift.

I did eventually go back and listen to their older stuff and it is great, but I still really love GNFPWLBN and WWDBTSES. I guess the point of my story is that it is embarrassing thinking about the stupid stuff you do when you are younger just to try to seem cool and also that Modest Mouse kept being great even after they went 'mainstream'.

New song slays.

21. Yeah "Coyotes" is gorgeous. Anybody else get one of the 7"s with their preorder back in 2015?

bobsheiskawy and imthesheriff like this.
  22. MatthewDuke Mar 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 30, 2019)
    MatthewDuke

Regular Supporter

I have the "Lampshades" and "Time Walks" 7 inches if those are the ones you are talking about.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. Mine is "Lampshades" and "Coyotes"

24. bedwettingcosmo

rsd bside

Aaron Mook and OotyPa like this.
  25. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Don’t like this one at all