Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modest Mouse Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

the stars are projectors yeah projecting our lives down to this planet earth

nl5011 and Joe4th like this.
  2. Thought about writing a 20th anniversary piece but I think I might wait it out for The Moon and Antarctica

Joe4th likes this.
  3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Both times I've seen MM have been incredible. Need them to come back in soon.

Aaron Mook and nl5011 like this.
  4. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Certain bands are great filters for finding friends. If you like modest mouse we will most definitely get along.

5. Horrorca

Trusted

I judge an individual's character based on the music they listen to

nl5011 likes this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Modest Mouse just announced first headlining show in Cleveland for the first time in 11 years. SO PUMPED

nl5011, Contender and Joe4th like this.
  7. Joe4th

They're doing two nights in Detroit which is unusual. Definitely going to at least one

nl5011 likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've never seen Modest Mouse headline, only time I saw them was the tour with B**** N** and it was nearly impossible to get tickets. Is it generally as hard to get tickets to a normal headlining Modest Mouse show? This venue is only about 1,800 capacity.

9. Joe4th

The one time I saw them headline here it was relatively easy to get tickets. They didn't sell out right away, but they did end up selling out later on.

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

If it's at an 1800 cap venue, I'd go ahead and grab tickets.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Oh yeah, I'm definitely trying as soon as pre-sale starts tomorrow at 10. Already blocked off my work schedule, ha.

suicidesaints likes this.
  12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

If you buy them when they go onsale, I don't think you'll have any issues getting tickets.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This reminds me I listened to Building Nothing Out of Something last week, and it’s still awesome .

dadbolt, nl5011, Joe4th and 1 other person like this.
  14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Imagine if Modest Mouse delivered that follow up album and it happened to be their best one? How crazy would that be? Would never happen but it'd be cool

bobsheiskawy likes this.
  15. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Hell yea playing St. Augustine.

angrycandy likes this.
  16. sukottokairu

Regular

never say never!

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  17. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

used to be a huge fan of this band and seen them at least 5 times, but their live shows are kinda boring. I lost interest in them around 2012. newest album has not good. had 3 great songs rest was meh

18. Like three Christmases ago my mom ordered me a copy of the "White Lies, Yellow Teeth" 7" and proceeded to lose it somewhere in the process of wrapping gifts. I completely forgot about it but she called me last week saying she found it in the back of a drawer somewhere (probably because I always peek on Christmas gifts) and I picked it up this weekend. So cool, I'm a huge fan of This is a Long Drive and had never heard these songs before.

Anyways, need that new album, like, two years ago

suicidesaints and Joe4th like this.
  19. I don't trust anyone who thinks any of their albums are "not good." Inconsistent, sure, different, certainly, but all solid with standouts at the VERY least

20. Joe4th

I'm seriously so excited for the tour coming up. It's been 8 years since I've seen them on a proper headliner. They've been incredible live both times I've seen them, and I love how much they change their sets up.

Moon & Antarctica is still an all-time album for me

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

They've always been fantastic live the 5 or so times I've seen them.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Well, that was easy. Ticket purchased!

suicidesaints likes this.
  23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

You right, but if they top lonesome crowded West this late in their career, that'd be incredible

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I won't say "never" but it's pretty unlikely that any band is gonna top the early MM records.

EmmanuelSCastle and Joe4th like this.
  25. Aaron Mook Mar 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 19, 2018)

Nobody asked for another podcast where two white-guys talk about indie-rock, but if you enjoy my reviews or writing or track-by-track analyses, feel free to follow us on Twitter. First episode should drop sometime next week. (I promise, we have many more diverse guests and records slated.)