Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modest Mouse Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Taken from Wikipedia: Modest Mouse is an American rock band formed in 1992 in Issaquah, Washington and currently based in Portland, Oregon. The founding members of this group are lead singer/guitarist Isaac Brock, drummer Jeremiah Green, and bassist Eric Judy.

GOAT

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

had a bad night last night. spending the day listening through their late 90's / early 00 era....

can't love this band enough

3. Horrorca

Trusted

Lonesome Crowded West and Moon & Antarctica are amazing. M&A is my favorite, but LCW has such a unique sound - no other band has sounded like it again, not even MM themselves.

4. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Anyone have any idea on when the Part 2 to Strangers to Ourselves is coming? A friend of mine told me about an interview where Brock said they had songs recorded and ready for a sister album to be released in a year. I also noticed on the back of my Strangers to Ourselves vinyl it said "Golden Casket Vol. 1"

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. bedwettingcosmo

i'd be super surprised if we got something this year.

6. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. Yeah, I have my doubts about this year but I'm staying optimistic. I know they demoed over 40 songs for Strangers to Ourselves. I also know they joked about calling it Whatever, haha

Justin Roux likes this.
  8. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I was confused by that "legally allowed to" statement when Isaac first said it. Aren't they on Isaac's label now?

9. 8123

Yeah, and the label isn't even a part of Epic anymore. I'd still be surprised if they released it this year, but maybe it'll be more of a surprise thing to coincide with the summer tour.

10. crunchprank

Weird, there must be some legalities we're just not aware of or something. Either way, my assumption is that it was going to get released this year since it's been over a year since we got Strangers. Honestly I thought we would get it in exactly a year after Strangers after Brock's comment, but that's come and gone.

11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Idk how I feel about Strangers bc I never listen to it, and when I listen to it, I get bored of it after a few songs. But I love everything else by these guys. My favorite might be Long Drive with M&A right after

12. Horrorca

Trusted

nothing after M&A/Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks clicked for me, except a few songs, TBH - but I'll keep giving them a chance

13. Good News is such an amazing album.

Also raise your hands if you prefer This is a Long Drive... to The Lonesome Crowded West :praise:

this band is the best and their entire discography is the best so idc either way

14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

:hand:

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

:hand:

Long Drive is easily my favorite, but I like the whole discography quite a bit.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

talk about relevant username. strokes did this shit right after CDM

ComedownMachine likes this.
  17. Saw these guys last week. Cool enough show, but I was a bit disappointed that half of their set was from their two albums that I don't particularly care for (Strangers and Good News).

18. sukottokairu

Regular

love their new album and incredibly stoked to see them play this summer!!

19. bedwettingcosmo

never seen them but they are coming to the shittiest venue in utah with brand new. i dont know if i want to spend the 50 for a miserable venue experience.

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I've pretty much gave up on new Strokes material until it's released. Related to this thread, I enjoy Good News a lot, but never been a huge fan of the band. One of those where I won't turn them off if they pop up, but it's rare I seek them out.

21. crunchprank

22. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

crunchprank likes this.
  23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Just discovered this video on YouTube and it's super good...

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. Wow. This is amazing.

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

He's got a Radiohead one too that's also amazing.

Aaron Mook likes this.