Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modest Mouse - The Golden Casket (June 25, 2021) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tucah, May 5, 2021.

1. hollowmines

Regular

I don't think I got through the entirety of Strangers to Ourselves more than once, so the bar is pretty low.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  2. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Weak single. Can't say I'm too surprised. I'll always love this band, but they've been running on fumes for a while.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  3. Silentjury

Regular

Decent song. Would fit perfectly on We Were Dead...so I wouldn't mind if that is an accurate representation of the album.

I really want this album to be good. I don't want Modest Mouse to go down the Pixies path of embarrassment.

waking season likes this.
  4. Embarrassment seems a bit extreme for the run they've had lol

Contender and imthesheriff like this.
  5. Silentjury

Regular

Ok, I'll give you Beneath the Eyrie, if only because "Catfish Kate" is a good song but Indie Cindy and Head Carrier are absolutely atrocious.

6. Oh no, I meant Modest Mouse lol I mean I don't think Head Carrier is atrocious but I'll give you Indie Cindy and everything after being relatively toothless

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Dope

8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I like this song.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I like the single

10. Silentjury

Regular

Ok. Yeah, I just did not like Strangers to Ourselves at all and the standalone singles have been bad. I'm cool if they do the more polished sound of We Were Dead. I think some of the fanbase is too close-minded and will dismiss anything new they do because it's not as '90s sounding, but to me Strangers to Ourselves just had nothing going for it.

11. Sal Paradise

Trusted

It’s been the longest 6months to a year since their last album. Excited for it

imthesheriff and bobsheiskawy like this.
  12. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I think the song is passable. That’s about it.

13. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Single is very safe but I dig it

14. I like it

15. Jbent

Trusted

I got really into mm in 07 and may have listened to a different band 3 or 4 times total that first summer with their discography. After numerous failed attempts to catch them live a friend of mine at the time finally, somehow secured tickets to this show that had instantly sold out. Still remember him calling to tell me so long after I gave up lol. Concert was an all timer top 2 or 3 for me personally. Also had the most wild mushrooms and mdma combo on the subway heading into the city and came on super hard 10 minutes before they opened with 3rd planet. Goosebumps thinking about those first few notes, my eyes were closed 80% of the time and it didn't even matter
    182148348_4244517168968617_4148545737658784361_n.jpg

today is a great day, love you all

dilleo, Henry, waking season and 4 others like this.
  16. hollowmines

Regular

Definitely sounds like optimal timing + chemical enhancement.

17. SteadyGlen

XXXX

Single is enjoyable, always happy to get new MM. I may be in the minority that didn't totally hate Strangers... lots of good shit on there I think! This seems to fit in quite well with that bunch. I do miss all the emo shouty weirdness, though.

Mary V and Aaron Mook like this.
  18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Howdy, folks!

I am “here” for this!

astereo likes this.
  19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fun song

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I just spun STO tonight and honestly, still slaps. Certainly not their greatest, but still insanely enjoyable.

dilleo, Gianni28, kyle and 5 others like this.
  21. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

New song is great. Also the album cover changing on Apple Music is freaking me out.

22. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Also I don’t understand being a modest mouse fan and not liking lampshades on fire, the ground walks, the tortoise and the tourist or the best room.

dilleo, kyle and Mary V like this.
  23. Tomar Re

Regular

Woah I hadn’t noticed that! Really trippy and cool

imthesheriff likes this.
  24. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Fun song, I dig it

25. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I don’t mind the music, can’t stand the way the vocals are mixed though.