Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modest Mouse Spring/Fall Tour 2018 Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ncarrab, Jan 24, 2018.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Don't see anything on their website. I saw MM back in May and an opener was announced about a month beforehand, maybe. But they announced it on social media. I'd be good with no opener, but would be surprised.

2. dilleo

Regular

I would be good with no opener as well, especially if that means more MM time. I'm going to both Buffalo and Syracuse, can't wait!

3. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

They just cancelled a show about an hour before it was scheduled to start in Duluth, MN and did the same thing two days ago in La Crosse, WI with about two hours notice.

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Ummm, weird. I saw a few comments that some members had flights delayed due to hurricane (not sure if any live near affected areas) but you’d think they’d come out and say that if it was just that because it’s very understandable.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I checked both event pages on Facebook and read everything from flight being delayed to band doing sound check and then cancelling to Issac just being MIA.

Very strange. Hope all is OK.

stars143 likes this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Back in business!

7. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Wowie zowie so I’m actually gonna be playing drums for Termination Dust on the shows 10/15-10/21, which is absolutely bonkers to me

8. Cody

Anyways y’all should come out and watch me be in way over my head for multiple reasons. In either case Termination Dust fucking rock and I’m honored and amazed

riotspray and Kellan like this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Congrats! Any insight as to why MM cancelled first two shows?

10. Cody

No idea! Definitely not even close to being that in the know haha.

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit, dude. Congrats. Opening for Modest Mouse would be life changing for me. Hope you have a great experience.

12. stars143

Trusted

If anyone wants general admission tickets for Columbia, SC, I am selling 2 tickets. I paid $114 after fees. I'll transfer them to someone here who wants to go for $100.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Looks like they're playing a shorter set than the May tour. The May tour was a good 22-24 song set. I'm seeing just 17-18 songs for most of these shows.

14. dilleo

Regular

Yeah. Kind of a bummer.. I remember the one time I saw MM about 4 or 5 years ago, they played 24 songs and just about every song was a banger. Nonetheless, I'm going to two shows in a row, Buffalo and Syracuse, so can't really complain..

riotspray likes this.
  15. Cody

Heading out to Norfolk tomorrow. Still over the moon about the fact this is happening!! Can’t waitto see one of my favorites play five straight shows, lemme know if you wanna get on the list anybody

16. TMS2787

Trusted

I went to the Akron show last month, it was probably the best out of the five shows I’ve seen from them but did feel a tad short. Either way, still a solid show.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The Akron show was pretty good. It was my first time ever at Akron Civic Theater (although I love that area of Akron) and it was definitely a cool place. I thought they sounded much better than the show they played at the Agora back in May (their mixing was abysmal at the Agora) but not better than when I saw them in Pittsburgh back in 2016.

I think they played 19 songs at Akron, which is about in line with all the other shows this tour (17-19) but back in may they were playing 22-23 songs. I definitely thought they were coming out for a second encore in Akron (they did at the Agora) because when they finished playing Out of Gas the lights remained off for a few minutes after they left the state with sound effects and no one was leaving and then the lights came on.

bachna84 likes this.
  18. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Saw the gang tonight at Big Adventure Fest in Orange County and it WAS SO GOOD. Tons of favorites and deep cuts sprinkled throughout the setlist*, and Issac was on his game. Hands down the best time I’ve seen them

*They opened with 3rd Planet (one of my favorites), which gave me absolute goosebumps. They also played Guilty Cocker Spaniels (Which had my jaw on the floor when they played it), Broke, and Night On The Sun. So solid

riotspray likes this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

@Cody

How's the road treating ya?

20. Cody

Yoo

Home now, but ostensibly three straight weeks of shows (homecoming gig tonight) has me pretty drained. It was exactly where I’m supposed to be there and I have never felt more alive tbh. Feel inspired to be a diy musician more than ever before (gonna try and start a booking collective in my home city now that I’m back; we’ll see).

Closer to my bandmates (and my partner who I was lucky enough to have with me on my band’s Tour) than I was before I left (no fighting almost at all, which most blew my mind) and I feel like I have a good handful more knowhow to help make my next tour more successful. Physically mentally and socially spent though. So all in all, It was exactly what I expected and wanted!

riotspray and ncarrab like this.
  21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

That's awesome. Congrats and I hope to catch you in the spring if you hit TX and/or SXSW.

22. Cody

Hey thanx! I feel pretty lucky these days. We’re thinking a move to Philly next summer but a small SXSW-specific tour in March is our other major out-of-state plan at the moment

riotspray likes this.