Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modest Mouse Spring/Fall Tour 2018 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ncarrab, Jan 24, 2018.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's gone and the bar when you walk in on the left with the TV's is also gone now. Only one bar. But yeah once AEG took over they raised all their prices. Used to be like $6 for a 24oz and now it's $10-$12

But there is the official lot behind the Agora and then there's a building behind that lot with a parking lot and that's where I've been parking

bachna84 likes this.
  2. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I've always had pretty good luck getting street parking within a 3-5 minute walk from the Agora. I'm paranoid about parking in private lots. I'd be worrying the entire show!

ncarrab likes this.
  3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I've also started doing that and been getting lucky recently but sometimes its tough!

bachna84 likes this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Damn it. Guess I'll listen to the first half on the radio like it's the 1960s.

bachna84 likes this.
  5. Chase

CAF

I haven’t been there since AEG came in, that’s a real bummer.

bachna84 and JaytotheGee like this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Also, how do they get away with just one bar in a place that big? Even House of Blues has like, 3 bars (2 downstairs, one upstairs) and a few drink carts. Do they at least have drink carts?

Last time I was there they definitely had a drink cart in addition to the main bar.

bachna84 likes this.
  7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They have the main bar in the lobby and then I think an additional bar in the theater behind the bar in the lobby.

They're still doing minor renovations so maybe they will add more

bachna84 likes this.
  8. bachna84

House of Blues has two upstairs!

9. Skoke

Regular

I love the Cavs and I'm glad we're still in the playoffs, but I personally couldn't imagine skipping a Modest Mouse show for a game that wasn't a part of the finals. Even with the Agora's ass location, parking, and increased beer prices, I just value a Modest Mouse show over watching Lebron carry this team

bachna84 likes this.
  10. TMS2787

Trusted

Yeah… missing a show for a road round 2, game 1 or really any round 1-3 games that aren’t the clinching game in the ECF isn’t worth that. Especially with live streaming. I realized that last year.

bachna84 likes this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I'm just an absolute psycho when it comes to Cavs/Indians playoff games, haha. Gonna suck it up and DVR it.

#FirstWorldProblems

bachna84 likes this.
  12. bachna84

That was some game you missed @ncarrab !

How was the show?

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I ended up not going to the show. I was having such a good time enjoying the weather and that was a great game

But yes how was it?

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, never again, haha. I made my best effort to avoid social media/texts/tweets about the game. I was standing next to someone who kept checking the score and every time he did, I'd look away because I didn't even want to see his reaction. My anxiety was at an all-time high. Again, I'm a psycho about playoff games. At about 10:50 I saw a bunch of guys in the crowd high fiving each other, then my phone started blowing up so I finally checked the score assuming we had won. Was up til 2 a.m. watching it on DVR (so tired today).

As for the show, honestly I thought it was just OK. Only other time I saw Modest Mouse was at Stage AE in Pittsburgh two years ago and they were fantastic. The mixing was an absolute disaster. Everyone around me was complaining about it. I originally was in the pit all the way at the back and people were moving from the front row of the pit to the back complaining about it too. Before the encore I moved all the way to the back of the Agora and people were complaining about it there as well, even saw some people back there that were near me next to the pit. Also, Isaac talked a ton - at some points going on and on and on and no one could understand a word he was saying. He already has a pretty thick lisp and with the mixing issues, it was inaudible.

But, they played The Whale Song, which I was really, really hoping for. They sounded better after the encore. It took them like a while to come back out. I think they may fixed some of the issues.

bachna84 likes this.
  15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Also, @JaytotheGee the 24 OZ beers were 9.50. I feel that's pretty in line with most of the other venues. They had a shit load of bars/carts to buy drinks too. At least 6 that I saw and I didn't even go upstairs.

bachna84 and JaytotheGee like this.
  16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That's not too bad then they must have realized they should make them the same! Also seems like I didn't miss much haha

bachna84 likes this.
  17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I just went to setlist.fm and realized Modest Mouse played a second encore last night, haha. A ton of people, including myself, walked out after the first one. Glad to see there was nothing in the second encore that I would have cared about.

bachna84 likes this.
  18. Skoke

Regular

bachna84 likes this.
  19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Huh that's a strange setlist

bachna84 likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

bachna84 likes this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

bachna84 likes this.
  22. Skoke

Regular

I thought it was a great show. I watched the whole thing from the side of the stage so I wasn't getting a perfect view or perfect sound but I was able to make out most of the set. His distorted banter between songs did get kinda old quick, though. Their sets are always unpredictable, which is something I wish more bands would utilize. Some of their songs sounded more powerful live than on record, i.e. King Rat. It was my first time seeing them and I'd definitely see them again

23. Chase

CAF

A new date just popped up on Facebook, 9/29 @ Akron Civic Theatre. It’s kind of crazy we’re already getting another show in Northeast Ohio

bachna84 and ncarrab like this.
  24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That’s odd. A one off date in a (nearby) City they just played. I’ve never been to Akron Civic...Will likely go to this.

bachna84 and Chase like this.
  25. Chase

CAF

Sound-wise, I’d say you’ll probably have better luck here compared to the Agora. I saw Paramore at the Civic recently and it was fantastic.

bachna84 likes this.