Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modest Mouse Spring/Fall Tour 2018 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ncarrab, Jan 24, 2018.

1. ncarrab Jan 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 4, 2018)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Not sure how this hasn't already been posted in the Tour thread.

04/18 – Birmingham, AL @ Sloss Furnace
    04/20 – Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live
    04/21 – St. Augustine, FL @ St. Augustine Amphitheatre
    04/23 – Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
    04/24 – Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
    04/26 – Asheville, NC @ Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
    04/27 – Charlotte, NC @ The Fillmore
    04/28 – Raleigh, NC @ The Ritz
    04/30 – Washington, DC @ The Anthem
    05/01 – Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theatre
    05/02 – Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore
    05/03 – Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore
    05/05 – Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Ballroom
    05/06 – Mankato, MN @ Verizon Center
    05/08 – Cedar Rapids, IA @ McGrath Amphitheatre
    05/09 – Ralston, NE @ Ralston Arena
    05/10 – Tulsa, OK @ Brady Theatre
    05/11 – Kansas City, MO @ Starlight Amphitheatre
    05/13 – Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
    05/15 – Albuquerque, NM @ Villa Hispana Pavilion
    05/16 – Flagstaff, AZ @ Pepsi Amphitheatre
    05/18 – Riverside, CA @ Riverside Municipal Auditorium
    05/19 – Santa Barbara, CA @ Arlington Theatre
    05/20 – Redding, CA @ Civic Auditorium
    05/22 – San Luis Obispo, CA @ Madonna Inn Expo Center
    05/24 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theatre
    07/13-15 – Louisville, KY @ Forecastle Festival

Fall Dates

2. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I mean, I'll go to Milwaukee no question, but it's odd they've been skipping Chicago lately. Perhaps Lolla?

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I bought my ticket for Cleveland. First time they've played Cleveland in 11 years. First time I'll ever see them headline too.

bachna84 and Chase like this.
  4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I've seen them a handful of times but I still wish I'd have gone to see them this past year when they came through Dallas. I may try to go to Tulsa in May...

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

And I feel like this is a small venue for them!

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I'm guessing this will sell out rather quick. 1,800 cap and the Facebook event page (not sure how much stock to put into that) already has more than 5,000 people either interested or going and it was just created two days ago.

I thought for sure if they ever headlined here, it'd be at Nautica. I know in Columbus they've played outdoor LC a few times.

bachna84 and JaytotheGee like this.
  7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Will be at the first night in Michigan.

8. dilleo

Regular

Hoping they announce more dates later on, in particular.. London and/or Toronto, Ontario

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The Cleveland date sold out in 4 hours.

10. dilleo

Regular

Wow, no kidding!?

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think it was really even faster than that. Because at 1 they posted only 100 tickets left, but all the comments below that were people not being able to grab tickets unless they refreshed it for like, 10 minutes.

Chase likes this.
  12. Chase

CAF

I’m glad I didn’t wait to grab mine! Really looking forward to finally seeing them headline, especially in Cleveland.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

These are...interesting.

14. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Pretty stoked they’re playing in my home area a week after I get out of school for the summer. Beautifully timed. Can’t wait to see them again

15. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

So I've been looking at some of the setlists they've had so far this tour and can't help but notice they've been playing Poison The Well, which hasn't been played since 2012 (I think), and also still hasn't been released on an album. I'm probably looking too deep into this, but maybe this could be hinting new material soon?

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Doing my best to avoid setlists, although with MM, it normally doesn't matter because they switch things up so often.

17. dilleo

Regular

Hey sam and ncarrab, if either of you are interested, there is this pretty awesome group on facebook for Modest Mouse, well actually there is a few I am in, really.. But the main one is called "Good News for People Who Love Modest Mouse" that one has just over 2000 members I believe, and yeah, great community. Or maybe you guys are already a part of it, I dunno lol. Anyways, have fun at the shows! :)

18. stars143

Trusted

Due to change of plans I gotta sell my tickets to the show Friday... One day I'll get to see this band!

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

UGHHH. Cavs playoff game tomorrow night. This is exactly why I avoid buying concert tickets in April, May and June. Contemplated selling my MM ticket (there's a lot of lookers) but I think i'll suck it up and miss my first Cavs playoff game in 10+ years. If this were a band I've seen a lot, I'd easily look to sell but I've only seen MM once and they weren't even headlining.

bachna84 likes this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I'm also bummed about this. Other than tomorrow I have no plans that interfere with this series which is nice

At least it's game 1

bachna84 likes this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, honestly, if it were any other game, I'd strongly consider selling, especially a home game (I have Cavs tix). I figure we'll lose regardless due to being on the road and just completely wiped out from 1st series.

Would have been awesome if it was a 6 p.m. game (like it is on Thursday) so I could have fit both in, but I'll probably try to watch 1st half somewhere then go into Agora assuming MM doesn't go on until 9 or 915

bachna84 and JaytotheGee like this.
  22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I'm going to get there at 845 to be safe, if only the Agora wasn't the worst and there was a bar in walking distance to watch at

Very strong chance of it being a hard game to watch haha

bachna84 likes this.
  23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Parking is the real disaster. I haven't been there since last September so maybe it's better but the back lot was full and there was nowhere else nearby to park. I - and many other cars - just started parking in private lots where it said you could get towed. I figure by the time I show up, the lot will definitely be full. My original plan was to arrive about 8:30, but now I may try to arrive at 8 and catch the first half at the restaurant/bar attached to the Agora since there's nowhere else close by to go to.

bachna84 likes this.
  24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That bar/restaurant doesn't exist anymore :( Also if you haven't been there in that long I also have bad news regarding the bar situation that it's the most expensive venue to drink at in Cleveland now

I reccommend street parking or the lot behind the agora lot that is free and I usually park in and has no signs

bachna84 likes this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The restaurant is gone?? Hadn't been to the restaurant since the Bayside show in 2016. Didn't realize it was gone. I drank during the show I went to last September at the normal Agora bar inside the venue (which I also believe has TVs if I remember correctly - but is typically more packed). I don't remember drinks being any crazier than other venues (I know HOB 24 oz is like $9 or $10)

I believe the lot behind the Agora is what I was referring to. Last show I went to it was closed off by the time I got there because it was full and there was no street parking anywhere. It was for the Nas show, which I don't even think sold out. So there's going to be more people at the MM show. I also didn't get to the Nas show until closer to 10 because he went on really late.

bachna84 likes this.